PLC Technician (2nd Shift)
PLC Technician (2nd Shift)
We have a Direct Hire opportunity for a 2nd Shift PLC Technician for a client in Newnan, Ga. The PLC Tech works independently to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, modification, fabrication, and/or application of the plants heavy manufacturing/ industrial mechanical and electrical systems to maintain product quality and production efficiencies.
- Interface with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical/ mechanical problems on heavy industrial automated equipment.
- Must be competent to make electrical/ mechanical diagnostic evaluation and prescribe corrective action that will provide a “like new” condition that will yield high production efficiencies. Should be capable to diagnose cause of electrical, controls, mechanical (to include mechanical/ machine repair, hydraulics and pneumatics) malfunction(s) and/ or failure of equipment or systems repairs or replaces defective components.
- Able to write procedures, work instructions and work orders and maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests in the CMMS system.
- Maintain documentation for existing and new equipment, control and building power system installations and records work in the JD Edwards, CMMS System.
- Must read and interpret electrical and electronic drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, schematics, blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches to determine problem and make appropriate repairs.
- Install and service a variety of systems including safety and security, energy delivery (hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical), communication, and process control systems.
- Examine and test components and support systems to ensure that they follow all standards and regulations (NFPA, NEC, OSHA, Etc…).
- Dismantles devices to gain access, then disassembles, removes, replaces and/or repairs defective mechanical and electrical components.
- Experienced in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using devices such as multi-meter (ohmmeter, voltmeter) and ammeter (clamp) and meggers to troubleshoot electrical circuits and components to locate shorts, faulty connections, defective parts and replaces or repairs to suite and ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Work independently in troubleshooting ladder logic and repair problems with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs, predominately Allen Bradley) and related components when required.
- Troubleshoot and ideally be able to program Variable Frequency Drives.
- Be able to obtain back-up PLC programs from a server to reload and reboot PLC programs to restore faulted equipment.
- Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
- Install and service measuring and indicating instruments to monitor process control variables associated with PLC’s and monitor the operation of PLC equipment.
- Work with final control devices such as valves, actuators and positioners to manipulate the process medium.
- Maintain backups, documentation & software revisions as part of maintaining computer-based control systems.
- Uses computerized equipment and software to perform testing functions and produce graphs for records and tracking.
- Create parts list and determine best routes for conduit runs and wiring in accordance with Compliance (NEC, OSHA, NFPA, AES) standards. This includes both building electrical and machine electrical panels.
- Installation of low and high voltage (single/ three phase) industrial electro-mechanical & control systems for utility & production equipment.
- Support plant installations to size conductors and conduit for load, form all sizes/types of conduit, and thread ends of field cut conduit and pull field wires (with assistance if necessary) in accordance with NEC code and Campbell standards.
- Utilize technical materials such as equipment manuals, SDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
- Industrial Electrical Maintenance experience (with 2-5 years minimum) or a Certified PLC/ Automations (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Consult technical documentation, drawings, schematics and manuals. They may assist engineering in plant design, modification and hazard analysis, and work with plant operators to optimize plant controls.
- Technical skills preferred: Electrical ;Knowledgeable on Pneumatics/ Hydraulic concepts related to the electrical system; Knowledgeable on Mechanical Power Transmission/ Millwright/ Machine Repair concepts related to the electrical system; PLC troubleshooting (with a laptop) and Ladder Logic troubleshooting/ modification experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as required due to production work schedules.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.