We are currently seeking a PLC/Mechatronic Technician for our client in the Memphis area. The ideal candidate will be able to apply electronic theory, principles of electronic circuits, electrical testing procedures, engineering mathematics, physics, and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot and repair product equipment. Must be able to work with minimal technical supervision.
- Interface with other departments and persons for analyzing and supplying info to achieve processing/manufacturing requirements.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards or problems, and/or need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical and mechanical components.
- Reads and understands electronic and electronical schematics; makes sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Maintain software back-ups of programs from all electronic processors according to library notations as set by maintenance manager. Save accordingly by procedure.
- Troubleshoot and repair solid state motor drives, solid state temperature controllers, and computer based controllers.
- Analyzes and interprets data from solid state motor drives and controllers with meters and other electronic testing equipment.
- Must be able to obtain a fork lift license and aerial lift license
- Must be neat and orderly, while maintaining LEAN and 5S practices throughout facility
- Over 5 years of experience in a PLC related electronics field.
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship
- Associates or Technical degree in Electronics Technology or an equivalent certification.
- Documented proficiency with working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC processors is required.
- Must be able to work shifts and over time to support a 24/7 operation
- Must be willing to be on-call for specified periods of time.