Principal Electrical Engineer
Our client in Westborough, MA is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The Electrical Engineer (III) is responsible for design, development and support of new product development initiatives for a wide variety of clients. Products and projects include electronics and electrical enclosures, PCB development, industrial capital equipment, automation systems, and consumer products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for commercial/industrial controls design, component selection, test and debug.
- Responsible for PCB, control panel, component, and cable/harness designs from initial design through final fabrication documentation.
- Create electrical system documentation and execute Engineering Change Orders including schematics, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable drawings, bills of material, net lists.
- Experienced in generation of work breakdown structures and associated schedules for electrical engineering related activities, with a systems level perspective, with key requirements being accurate estimating, and execution of, time and materials required.
- Provide design/analysis of servo- and stepper-based electro-mechanical drives.
- Design and debug power distribution systems for a wide range of capital equipment.
- Experienced in the direction of activities of more junior level Electrical Engineers, Electrical Designers or Technicians.
- Proficient with the use of standard electrical test equipment; oscilloscope, voltmeter, frequency counter, current probe.
- Responsible for firmware architecture, implementation, troubleshooting, and test.
- Fully skilled in PCB design, fabrication, tests, and evaluations.
- Capability to design to compliance initiatives and interface with compliance laboratories – UL, NFPA, CSA, FCC, CE, etc.
- Experienced with DFM, FMEA and other development practices.
- Interface with suppliers and customers on designs and specifications as needed.
- Transition of prototype designs into manufacturing
- BS Electrical Engineering; MS a plus.
- 12+ years design experience in a technical design environment; wireless development experience a plus.
- Demonstrated skill with AutoCAD and PCB design tools (OrCAD, Altium, Mentor Graphics/PADS).
- MS Office Suite Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- PLC or LabView programming experience a plus.
- Ability to interface well with customers.
- Hands-on, take charge attitude; electrical troubleshooting and vendor liaison.
- Generally works in an office environment, but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Occasional travel required.
- Interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone.