Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Title:Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Our client located in Bedford, MA is looking for a Principal Embedded Systems Engineer to join their team.
You will be hands on and technically contribute, as well as manage a small team through the design, development, verification, and validation of embedded systems (hardware and software) that drive the products.
- Technically contribute and is responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of software for embedded biomechanical products and systems.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the Embedded Systems team (Electrical Engineering and Firmware Engineering); in support of new and existing products.
- Assists in the development of software development plans, test protocols and schedules to ensure high quality and on-time delivery.
- May retain and manage external consultants and contractors to perform necessary work.
- Educate and mentor development staff, and provide technical leadership. Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Ensure compliance with internal Risk Management Procedures as outlined in SOP-004, Design Control/Stage-Gate Procedures as outlined in SOP-007.
- Work closely with R&D Management to develop engineering project plans (including work breakdown analyses, resource allocation, schedules, project cost estimates, risk analyses) and to regularly track progress against plans.
- Own the definition of embedded hardware architecture and document in accordance with applicable standards.
- Own the definition of software/firmware architecture and document that architecture in accordance with international standards, including IEC 62304.
- In all technical/design reviews work to ensure that embedded implementations align with the overall technology architecture and strategic technical direction.
- Recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and at least 15 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience coding in C for embedded systems with a variety of source code control systems and embedded software development tools.
- Experience with portable battery operated devices; working knowledge of Python; Intimate knowledge of dsPIC processors; and MatLab experience.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with inter-processor communications.
- Exposure to automated and unit testing a plus.
- Exposure to development of Apps (Android or iOS) and web/database applications.
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Inventory Control Associate in Woburn MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool Room-Maintenance Supervisor in Atlanta GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Buyer in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Customer Service Admin in Duluth GA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Material Planner in Bartlett TN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Altium Designer in Lawrenceville GA
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Fiber Optic -Cable Assembly 1st Shift in Portsmouth NH
- Fiber Optic - Cable Assembly 2nd shift in Portsmouth NH
- DEBURR OPERATOR in Central Manchester CT
- 5 Operating Molders in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Beverly MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA