Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Title:Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Our client located in Bedford, MA is looking for a Principal Embedded Systems Engineer to join their team.
You will be hands on and technically contribute, as well as manage a small team through the design, development, verification, and validation of embedded systems (hardware and software) that drive the products.
- Technically contribute and is responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of software for embedded biomechanical products and systems.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the Embedded Systems team (Electrical Engineering and Firmware Engineering); in support of new and existing products.
- Assists in the development of software development plans, test protocols and schedules to ensure high quality and on-time delivery.
- May retain and manage external consultants and contractors to perform necessary work.
- Educate and mentor development staff, and provide technical leadership. Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Ensure compliance with internal Risk Management Procedures as outlined in SOP-004, Design Control/Stage-Gate Procedures as outlined in SOP-007.
- Work closely with R&D Management to develop engineering project plans (including work breakdown analyses, resource allocation, schedules, project cost estimates, risk analyses) and to regularly track progress against plans.
- Own the definition of embedded hardware architecture and document in accordance with applicable standards.
- Own the definition of software/firmware architecture and document that architecture in accordance with international standards, including IEC 62304.
- In all technical/design reviews work to ensure that embedded implementations align with the overall technology architecture and strategic technical direction.
- Recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and at least 15 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience coding in C for embedded systems with a variety of source code control systems and embedded software development tools.
- Experience with portable battery operated devices; working knowledge of Python; Intimate knowledge of dsPIC processors; and MatLab experience.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with inter-processor communications.
- Exposure to automated and unit testing a plus.
- Exposure to development of Apps (Android or iOS) and web/database applications.
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Shipping-Warehouse Clerk in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Material Handler in Doraville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Engineering Technician in Concord NH
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Quality Inspector in Alpharetta GA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator-Beltline - Weekend Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Artisto Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Inspector in Cumming GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Smithfield RI
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Scheduler-Planner in Salem NH
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sand & Debur in Norcross GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Shipping-Receiving & Inventory Control Clerk in Cumming GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Wire Processing Machine Operator in Brooklyn Park MN
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- FPGA Designer - Firmware Development Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Lean-FEM Coordinator in Doraville GA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- RMA Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Chaska MN
- Manufacturing Tech (Entry Level- Skilled) in Ayer MA
- Office Manager in Huntsville AL
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lithonia GA
- Customer Service & Sales Support Rep in Golden CO
- Mechanical Engineer in Ashland MA