Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client located in Bedford, Ma is looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team on a direct hire basis.
- Create system design specification based on input from marketing and senior scientists.
- Solve complex design problems where analysis of situations or data, require an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors and tradeoffs.
- Author a system level design plan that proposes design approaches for meeting system requirements.
- Work with project management to create and manage a schedule for mechanical engineering activities.
- Design reliable, inexpensive parts and assemblies using 3D CAD tools and top down design techniques.
- Coordinate with purchasing and vendors to procure prototype parts.
- Provide hands-on skills to help produce necessary prototypes.
- Develop test plans to establish reliability metrics.
- Document design outputs and test results.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and production personnel to develop and maintain critical manufacturing processes, tooling, test fixtures, and documentation
- Prepare and present technical status reviews.
- Serve as an example of engineering excellence to other members of the staff.
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record of successful design within a regulated product development environment. (medical preferred)
- Must be creative
- Expertise in the use of modern design tools including SolidWorks. (Experience in FEA or CFD tools a plus)
- Experience in the design of injection molded parts (Experience in the design of Medical consumables preferred)
- Experience in the design of sheet-metal components
- Working knowledge of fluidics, mechanics, and materials.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices including drafting standards and tolerance analysis methods.
- BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS office applications including Project