Principal Mechanical Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Title:Principal Mechanical Engineer
The Davis Companies is searching for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to lead the design & development of new medical devices for one of our fantastic medical device manufacturing clients in the Northwest Metro.
Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish technical specifications for designing or modifying products, processes, and materials. Develops new products while interfacing with customers, vendors and internal departments to achieve the desired product specifications. The goal is to develop products that meet the end users’ expectations. Success in this position relies heavily on meeting dates and maintaining accountability while using experience and judgement to develop products and meet goals with minimal supervision. The Principal Mechanical Engineer is a key position in the R&D organization. Key responsibilities include:
- Consistently generates innovative and unique solutions to market needs and submits idea disclosures. Work is expected to result in the development of new products or processes.
- Successfully completes complex engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Selects techniques to solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from complex test results.
- Designs and prepares complex reports to communicate results to technical community.
- Designs and coordinates complex engineering tests and experiments.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment.
- Interfaces with Physicians & Medical personnel to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices.
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians and entry-level engineers.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- BS in Electromechanical, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- SolidWorks expertise
- 10+ years of product development experience preferably in a medical device development company
- Solid understanding of Design and PDP process
- Sorter in Memphis TN
- Welder - 2nd shift in Acton MA
- Customer Service Specialist in New Hope MN
- QA Technician - Validation in Chaska MN
- 3rd Shift Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machinist - Swiss Lathe in Memphis TN
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator Assistant in Olive Branch MS
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Instrument Assembler in Lindon UT
- Electrical Designer in Easley SC
- Kitting in Suwanee GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Marlborough MA
- CMM Programmer-1st Shift in Kennesaw GA
- Sr Technicians - test-troubleshoot complex systems in Merrimack NH
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA
- Corporate Recruiter in Chaska MN
- RMA Test Tech in Nashua NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Anoka MN
- Quality Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Cincinnati OH
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Manufacturing Process Engineer in Columbia SC
- Field Service Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Technical Support Rep in Maple Grove MN
- Microwave Test Tech in Hudson NH
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Traffic Coordinator in Franklin MA
- Accounts Receivable Specialist in Milford MA
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Receiving Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Mechanical Assembler in Danvers MA
- Team Lead - 2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Systems Technician II in Beverly MA
- Shop Helper- 2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Facilities Maintenance tech in Concord CA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Tech in Merrimack NH
- Process Technician in Galloway TN
- Maintenance Technician in Galloway TN
- Metal Prep in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift - Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Technical Recruiter in Vineland NJ
- Instrument Assembler in Nixa MO
- Accounts Payable Assistant in Suwanee GA
- ATE & AXI Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- IT Manager in Oxford NC
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Electrical Technician (3rd shift) in Somersworth NH
- Mechanical Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Plymouth MN
- Field Service Technician in Duluth GA
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Electrical Technician in Manchester NH
- EM Assembler in Ashland MA
- QC-QA Technician in Swedesboro NJ
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA
- Shipper in Westborough MA
- Precision Assemblers in Concord CA
- Precision Inspector in Concord CA
- Material Handler-Cycle Counter in Westborough MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist IV in Chaska MN
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Chaska MN
- HR Generalist-Leave Admin in San Jose CA
- Engineering Documentation Tech in New Hope MN
- Mechanical Engineer in Dartmouth MA
- Mechanical Validation Engineer in Marietta GA
- E-m Assembler - Optical experience in Merrimack NH
- Gearbox Technician in Suwanee GA
- EM Assemblers in Haverhill MA
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Deburr-Laser Operator Help in Flowery Branch GA
- Electro-Mechanical Technician in Senoia GA
- Quality Manager in Oxnard CA
- Production Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- Machine Maintenance Technician in Plymouth MN
- Assembly Technician I in West Boylston MA
- Wash and Breakdown Technician in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Electronic Rework Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- Shipping & Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Programmer Analyst in Jasper GA
- Technical Writer in Miami FL
- Picker in Memphis TN
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Human Resources Director in Anoka MN
- CNC Operator in Ashland MA
- Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician in Eagleville PA
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Representative in Brea CA
- Design Engineer in Columbia SC
- CMM Programmer- 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- HR Associate in Marlborough MA
- Neutral Set Technician in Memphis TN
- Micro Solder Repair Technician in Norcross GA
- Member Services Professional in Memphis TN