Dynamic and motivated company expanding and looking to hire an experienced Process Engineer for a direct position with full benefits! We are looking for experience in medical extrusion, film coating or related processes. This position is moving very quickly! If interested, please apply with your resume and be ready to be contacted to discuss!
Reporting to the Engineering/Automation Manager, this position is responsible for designing process improvements, error proofing, developing and troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, spray booths and testing equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
· Discusses project with Supervisor and Manufacturing to review functions of machines and equipment.
· Ability to understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics. Ability to modify minor changes to improve performance.
· Mechanical design of minor tooling or fixtures required to improve existing processes.
· Defines and documents preventative maintenance procedures.
· Defines and documents request for quotation specifications for specialized equipment.
· Work with vendor's representatives during all phases of specialized equipment procurement.
· Observes trial run of machine and equipment operation to verify that machine functions, product quality, ergonomics and safety aspects conform to specifications.
· Designs controls for energy conversion or other industrial plant monitoring systems.
· Coordinates implementation of new processes in manufacturing.
· Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems on production equipment and direct maintenance personnel to perform the appropriate repair. Work with machine vendors to resolve more complex problems.
· Set-up and troubleshoot production testing equipment
· Development of new coatings and adhesives
· Participate and demonstrate ability to perform tasks and work effectively in a team environment.
· Participate in, and/or lead cost reduction/efficiency improvement programs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a very dynamic work atmosphere.
· Travel may be required periodically to suppliers/customers.
· Must be able to be on call for up to 4 hours after shift ends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Injection molding process experience required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and three plus years related experience and/or training/ or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet applications. Must be familiar with internet research and the use of e-mail.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.