Primary responsibility of this position is to provide engineering support for a polymer production area. This plant is currently undergoing a wealth of projects to boost capacity and improve efficiencies. We are seeking a plant engineer to facilitate this effort. This will involve day-to-day troubleshooting as well as some project design and implementation.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to the Plant Production Team for day-to-day issues and long term needs
- Perform capability analysis (e.g. placement on the pump curve at current rates)
- Performs process modeling to prepare designs and drawings of equipment, systems and processes associated with plant projects (where applicable).
- Design and implement new or replacement equipment
- Pursuing on-going manufacturing process improvements as well as maintaining and repairing existing equipment and facilities.
- Support of reliability and preventive maintenance program.
- Assists plant management in planning and preparing capital expenditure proposals and budgets.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Managing manufacturing and business processes toward optimization
- Employing systematic approach to solving problems and improving processes
- Utilizing Lean 6 Sigma methodologies and tools to lead continuous improvement