We are looking for a Process Engineer to join our team in Westborough, MA. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and deploying approved processes and best practices consistently throughout their assigned area of responsibility with a focus on customer satisfaction, yield improvements, reducing costs, on time delivery and process efficiency optimization.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, team-based environment to reach common objectives with aggressive schedules.
- Work with product development teams during the concept phase of new products to incorporate manufacturability and serviceability into the product.
- Work closely with suppliers and manufacturing partners to develop and maintain efficient processes for LC display and assembly manufacturing, product preparation and assembly operations.
- Responsibilities include the support of test control apparatus and equipment, evaluation of operational systems and recommendation of design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Deliver the necessary design documents & data for engineering builds and initial ramp.
- Preparation of new manufacturing equipment for production readiness and optimization of current manufacturing processes/equipment to meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
- Review designs for manufacturability , develop tooling concepts, and create applicable detailed work instructions and manufacturing procedures.
- Assist with the training of new personnel and participate in the design of operator training materials.
- Utilize SPC practices to monitor process yields and cost, recommend and implement quality improvements based on these metrics.
- Ensure that all defects are analyzed through to root cause and corrective actions are implemented and sustained.
- Develop manufacturing plans that include specific sequencing with process and tooling requirements.
- In conjunction with Quality, manage and provide technical expertise in response to investigating failures and performing FA investigations. Specifically, support any engineering FA required on any formal RMA received.
- Experience with mechanical and manual assembly of products. Specifically assembly of small components utilizing electronic, optical and mechanical components.
- Select, justify and manage capital equipment projects to support new products, as well as increase productivity on existing products.
- Support immediate supervisor, and peers by anticipating problems, providing input on solutions, reacting productively to change and handling other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering. The ideal candidate will have experience in Electrical and SW integration on senior level projects)
- 5+ years in supporting/developing production/manufacturing for high volume commercial and/or military contract manufacturing experience.
- Experience with electro/mechanical and manual assembly of products.
- Experience with process validation tasks related to product and processes (equipment qualification, IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Experience in applying and reinforcing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) strategies.
- Familiarity with test system (Labview) and design software such as 3-D CAD, environment (e.g., Solid Works) desired.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean understanding
- Ability to understand and interpret various physical, mechanical, and electrical documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions, and recommending solutions on problems affecting quality assurance.
- Experience using the scientific method to solve problems: hypothesis development, experiment design, and drawing conclusions based on data
- Skills to conceptualize and communicate major elements of quality assurance to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, procurement, testing, operations, and practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, procurement, testing, operations, and certification requirements.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced by successful interaction with various levels of management, state and federal regulators, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction to accomplish general programmatic objectives.
- Self-motivated with high sense of urgency, resourcefulness and adaptability
- Basic software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SPC and shop floor management etc.).