Product Design Engineer
Product Design Engineer
Direct Position Available for experienced Product Engineer in Southern New Hampshire. If interested in this role, please contact Rich Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to discuss.
Prime Responsibilities and Major Factors in Evaluating Performance:
May perform one or more of the following duties:
- Performs actions defined by customers to complete component manufacturing documentation and obtain customer approvals, as required, to qualify as a source for production of specific products.
- Investigates and initiates corrective action on manufacturing problems arising in the manufacture of products and in manufacturing problems associated with the inspection and testing of products.
- Establishes operating equipment specifications, improves manufacturing techniques and introduces new process equipment to production. Interfaces with design personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
- Reviews and evaluates engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and performs technical liaison function with production planning and engineering personnel.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Prepares engineering schematics and parts lists for system components to facilitate manufacturing planning.
- Provides advisory support in the analysis and evaluation of production practices from the standpoint of work simplification, value analysis, work stations and methods analysis. Compiles and evaluates test and production data, prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Conducts analysis of method and time standards.
Assignments typically will include design and development, materials testing, preparation of specifications, process study, report preparation, and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
Must be capable of delivering on commitments in a timely and efficient manner.
May be involved in training and developing less experienced technical personnel.
Observe the code of conduct, safety and quality principles.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering. 2 - 7 years or equivalent knowledge / experience. Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field. Must possess good communication and organizational skills. Computer literacy is a must, including competency in general MS Office applications, technical computer modeling and statistical tools.