Product Design Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Product Design Engineer
Title:Product Design Engineer
Product Design Engineer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Design, develop and manage multiple product development projects to meet customer requirements.
- Using the stage/gate method of project management, manage multiple individual design projects to ensure project timelines are met.
- Design and document fenestration and building product systems to meet customer requirements for performance and industry standards for code compliance.
- Interface with testing personnel to assist in the testing of products to industry standards ensure product performance and code compliance.
- Distribute all pertinent project information to internal customers (Tooling, Manufacturing Operations and Logistics) at regularly schedule update meetings.
- Ensure revisions and changes to product designs are documented.
- Work with outside suppliers to develop and document associated hardware and accessory components.
- Work with sales and customers to assist in the analysis and troubleshooting of technical problems.
- Work with sales to develop product design proposals for the acquisition of new business
- Perform all duties in a safe manner according to company safety policies.
- Outgoing, engaging demeanor.
- Demonstrates flexibility by understanding differing perspectives on an issue.
- Adapts to changes in the organizations and job requirements.
- Ability to handle work related stressors in a positive manner.
- Evaluates and supports others’ views, recommendations and actions.
- Excellent communications skills. Checks to make sure others understand what has been communicated. Ability to asses what needs further explanation or a new approach altogether.
- Customer focused. Approaches projects with a long-term perspective in addressing customers’ needs and or problems. Makes concrete attempts to add value to the customer.
- Assesses and makes links between the short-term day to day tasks to long-term business strategies and objectives. Consistently reviews own actions against the strategic objectives of Deceuninck.
- Monitors, with the appropriate amount of detail, the progress of multiple projects against milestones and deadlines simultaneously.
- Asks probing questions to get to the root of an issue. Looks for “below the surface” issues and makes a systematic effort to obtain needed data or feedback.
- Is inquisitive by nature. Has a strong thirst for learning.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or other technical related field.
- Fenestration experience is a plus
- Five years’ engineering level product design experience.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Advanced level of knowledge and use CAD/CAM software
- Working knowledge of the following MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
- Maintenance Mechanic in Green Bay WI
- CNC Machinist in Norcross GA
- Shipping - Packing in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist in Leominster MA
- Engineering Administrative Assistant in Leominster MA
- Electrical Engineer in Hollis NH
- Quality Inspector in Hollis NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Duluth GA
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- Assembler Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Electro-optical Instrument Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Atlanta GA
- Traffic Coordinator in Franklin MA
- Kitter-Assembler in Norwood MA
- Lead Machinist in Memphis TN
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Freight Dispatcher in Vineland NJ
- Facility Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Test Tech in Westborough MA
- Punch Press Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Sr R&D Technician in Eden Prairie MN
- Purchasing Contractor in East Boston MA
- NDT Level III Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Technician-Machine operator in N. Billerica MA
- Test Specialist in Suwanee GA
- HR Manager in Clinton MA
- Material Handler 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Packer (EM Assembler II) in Westborough MA
- Accounts Payable Temp in Buford GA
- Manual Machinist in Peabody MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Beverly MA
- Facilities EHS Manager in Southbridge MA
- EM assembler in Leominster MA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Entry Level Production Manager in Bensalem PA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Customer Service Representative in Oakdale MN
- Planner II in Bridgeport NJ
- Warehouse Supervisor in Bridgeport NJ
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Financial Analyst in Westford MA
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- CNC Machinist in Murrayville GA
- Press Brake Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory and Material Control Associate in Duluth GA
- Customer Service Representative in Norfolk MA
- Principal-Secondary Assembly in Wilsonville OR
- Control Panel Point to Point Wirer in Wilsonville OR
- Machine Operators in Lebanon NH
- Electrician in Cumming GA
- Solder Assembler in Natick MA
- Solidworks Drafter in Portsmouth NH
- Mechanical Technician - Assembler in Eden Prairie MN
- Wire Machine Operator in Ayer MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Supervisor in Milford MA
- Lean Manager in Milford NH
- Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Logistics System Coordinator in Everett MA
- Sr. Engineer in MA
- Industrial Painter in Duluth GA
- Administrative Assistant in Bartlett TN
- Project Manager CAD Tech in Bartlett TN
- Refrigeration Tech in Acton MA
- Control Panel Wirer Technician in Acton MA
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Sales Administrator in Needham Heights MA
- Solidworks Drafter in Kennnesaw GA
- Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Program Manager II in MA
- Parts Counter Attendant in Bridgeton NJ
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift) in Ashland MA
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Test Technician in Worcester MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- QA Mechanical Inspector in Ashland MA
- Test Operator - AOI in Westboro MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westborough MA
- EM Assembler II in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Material Handler in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- EHS Coordinator - Environmental Health and Safety in Maple Grove MN
- Administrative Assistant in Sudbury MA
- 2nd Shift Machinist in Newton MA
- Sr. Sales Rep in woburn MA
- CNC Operator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Ashland MA
- Documentation Specialist in Ayer MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- Production Manager in Lynn MA
- Methods Specialist in Merrimack NH
- HVAC Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ