Product Development Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Product Development Engineer
Title:Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer
Position Description and Required Skills:
The Product Development Engineer will lead and coordinate product development efforts to effectively and efficiently scale up new products and changes to existing products for the company. The successful candidate will lead development of new products in conjunction with technicians, engineers, and scientists across companies sites. This person will assess, with product line managers, new product opportunities and act as a technical lead through development, scale up and commercialization steps.
The Product Development Engineer will use appropriate project planning, troubleshooting, lean manufacturing, and experimental design tools to drive product, process, and quality improvements throughout the product development cycle. As part of a broader team, the person will ensure that program deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead product development activities from assessment stage through commercialization.
- Develop timelines and milestones for each project, identify risks and issues, and develop appropriate plans to address.
- Design and execute experiments with appropriate design of experiment methodology and data analysis.
- Coordinate experiment trial coverage for both lab-scale and production scale experiments.
- Act as change management lead for products and programs and ensure all quality management system requirements are met.
- Lead technical resource teams in the development and implementation of new products.
- Arrange technical team updates on current projects.
- Execute proper phase/gate approach for commercialization plans in conjunction with customer needs and expectations.
- Act as technical liaison with customers during the development and commercialization phases of product development.
- Develop and implement improvement programs related to experimental, operational, and commercialization excellence.
- Regular communication with all customers and stakeholders.
- Review relevant intellectual property and work with project teams to develop new intellectual property.
- Develop new product ideas and test those ideas for business opportunities.
- Participate in morning markets and actions.
- Escalate safety, quality, and technical issues to appropriate leadership and request additional resources to address as necessary.
- Participate as a technical resource for all programs within area of responsibility.
- Consistent communication to ensure expectations are understood, communicated broadly to technical support, and delivered. Report up daily – informally and formally.
- Seek and provide feedback daily. Mentor and coach when able and/or needed.
- Lead trial planning and execution for assigned product development projects.
- Lead technical discussions and reviews on projects.
- Work in conjunction with Quality groups to define lab testing.
- Identify and document all applicable customer process and quality requirements and tolerances.
- Maintain project folders for all assigned products.
- Review project status at weekly technical meetings for assigned projects.
- Initiate and participate in Environmental Health & Safety reviews for new chemicals, equipment, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in action teams, such as ATS, QAS, FMEA, etc. as needed.
- Maintain product material identification and bill of material in the enterprise system.
- Identify and develop process and quality improvement efforts.
- Identify capital needs for assigned projects and participate in capital program plans.
- Lead product coating events for assigned projects.
- Analyze and report on coating event results and findings.
- Attend and participate in monthly product and process reviews
- Update personal development and performance plans for review with manager.
- Participate in budget reviews
- Complete mid-year and year end performance evaluations.
- Participate in yearly workshop to define goals and metrics.
Minimum Required Skills
- BA or BS in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Preferred advanced degree in one of the above disciplines
- Experience level: 5+ years in production and/or product development environment
- Currently authorized to work in the United States
- Required Background:
- Manufacturing product engineering
- Manufacturing process engineering
- Product and/or process development
- Technical writing competency
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Data Analyst in Natick MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Shipping Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Quality Document Specialist in Loganville GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Production Control Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Test Technician in Natick MA
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Technical Accounting Manager in Billerica MA
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr iOS engineer in Boston MA
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Administrative Assistant in Milford MA
- Bench Repair Technician in Kennesaw GA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Sr Director Engineering in Alhambra CA
- Lean Manager-Continuous Improvement Manager in Milford NH
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Final Inspectors in Central Manchester CT
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Punch Press Programmer in Duluth GA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Column Assembler in Milford MA
- Buyer in Woburn MA
- Systems Development Co-op in Milford MA
- Design Assurance Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Receiving Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Project Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- EM Assembler III in Westboro MA
- Training Coordinator in Ashland MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Customer Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- SI Assembler II in Nashua NH
- Service Delivery Manager in Minneapolis MN
- Post SMT Assembler in Westford MA
- Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift in Ashland MA
- Mechanical -Manufacturing Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Packaging Technician in Sutton MA
- Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Account Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Regional Account Executive MA in Marlborough MA
- Senior Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Senior Recruiter MN in Minneapolis MN
- Order Picker in Brooklyn Park MN
- Senior Recruiter GA in Suwanee GA
- Senior Recruiter NJ in Vineland NJ
- Senior Recruiter NH in Nashua NH
- Materials and Production Planner in Tucker GA
- Regional Account Executive MN in Minneapolis MN
- Regional Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Regional Account Executive NJ in Vineland NJ
- Regional Account Executive NH in Nashua NH
- Account Manager MN in Minneapolis MN
- Account Manager GA in Suwanee GA
- Account Manager NJ in Vineland NJ
- Account Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Instrument Assembler II in Eden Prairie MN
- Program Manager MA in Marlborough MA
- Program Manager Suwanee GA in Suwanee GA
- Program Manager NH in Nashua NH
- Panel Builder in Duluth GA
- Sales Administrative Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Logistics Coordinator-Analyst in West Harrison NY
- Datron Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Machine Operator in Lawrenceville GA