We are looking for a highly experienced Production Manager for our client in North Atlanta. The Production Managers main tasks will include; however, not limited to; fabrication, coordinating team labor, value engineering, developing material requirements, training and development of new team members when necessary. Take initiative in identifying problems and opportunities for improvement, propose deadlines and insure that client needs are met.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Manager
- Schedule and supervise shop personnel.
- Manage staffing requirements.
- Control and maintain shop equipment and materials.
- Supervise production of all products.
- Oversee and/or inspect all products to ensure quality. Ensure timesheets are filled out and submit reports to Project Managers for billing and or verification against quotation.
- Review all vendor invoices ordered by this department.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Research new methods and procedures, that will make the department more productive and efficient.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing supplementary labor force during peak periods.
- Responsible for maintain proper levels of inventory and materials.
Key Requirements of the Production Manager
- 5+ years in a Managerial or Lead Role
- Custom Wood working knowledge (casework, cabinetry, carpentry, millwork)
- Must have strong organizational skills, managerial experience, and effective communication skills and be strongly service oriented.
- Must have working knowledge of computer programs (MS Office)
- Must have the ability to operate under severe time constraints.