The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of a fast-paced production environment, including procurement and manufacturing. This role manages a team of 8-10 technicians, purchasing, and engineering personnel.
- Ensure production builds and ships products on time up to quality standards.
- Lead effort to continuously improve safety and quality in manufacturing areas.
- Interface with the Business Team to meet and report revenue targets.
- Work with the Order Scheduling Group to ensure production plans are delivered on time and in line with company’s financial plans.
- Champion efforts to streamline and simplify processes.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships across the organization, particularly standard product manufacturing, accounting, quality, engineering, and logistics in order to develop best practices in all manufacturing areas.
- Manage supply chain to ensure material for builds are delivered in a timely manner.
- Establish and manage inventory levels on higher volume custom products.
- Coordinate build activities between project engineers and manufacturing resources. Assist in the troubleshooting of quality and design issues as they are discovered.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience in low to medium volume production environment.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment is a must.
- Process oriented with proven ability to drive change through an organization.
- Strong technical acumen. Must be able to assist in solving difficult technical issues.
- Aptitude and willingness to work across the organization to meet desired results. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization ranging from shop floor personnel to senior management.
- Experience with implementation of lean principles in a manufacturing environment.