We are seeking an experienced and energetic Program Manager to support an influx in awarded projects for a world leading technology company. This person will work closely with engineers and customers in a hands on fashion to ensure that schedules and deadlines for these projects are being met in a timely manner.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Will be required to write technical and cost proposals, estimate and track project costs, create project schedules, order and track project materials, and make presentations to customers and company management.
- Will help conceptualize new products and work with project engineers, Purchasing, Contracts, and Cost Estimating personnel in project execution.
- Assist in developing strategic plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs, and fostering partnerships and teaming with key players to support successful proposal bids. Support Business Areas in the development of capture plans; win strategies and Price-to-Win approaches.
- An advanced engineering or science degree in a technical field such as controls, optics, or structures, or equivalent experience
- >10 years post-degree experience managing program efforts for complex optical systems
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant development activities, including building internal/external teams, assessing risks and opportunities, and executing internal research and development programs to shape business product strategy, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Good working knowledge of desktop/laptop computers, MSOffice tools, VPN, MS Project
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the business areas
- Ability to travel several times a year