We are partnering with a company in Douglasville, GA assisting in their search for a Project Engineer to help with the rapid increase in business. The Project Engineer leads the engineering activities related to the design and supply of custom industrial HVAC projects. Engineering activities include mechanical systems design, equipment sizing and layout, and coordinating with engineering team to complete equipment projects on time and under budget. The project engineer will also inspect machines prior shipment, assist with start-up/installation, and troubleshoot field issues as required.
• Conceptualize, design, develop, and implement engineering projects for custom commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment for industrial and commercial applications, such as supermarkets, manufacturing facilities, libraries, schools, and office buildings.
• Assist Sales department with preliminary design, submittals and analysis of contractor’s/engineer’s technical specifications. Perform psychrometric analysis of design requests.
• Perform design/development tasks in the engineering and/or manufacturing area using appropriate technical hardware, software, and computer aided design (CAD) tools.
• Use in-house software for refrigeration system balance and operation. Select components to achieve design and prepare bills of materials to enable Purchasing to acquire components.
• Assist Purchasing in selection and qualification of potential suppliers of components and assist in procuring the same.
• Develop unit sequence of operation and select appropriate direct digital control (DDC) components to achieve sequence.
• Provide unit operation sequence to electrical department for preparation of wiring diagrams.
• Prepare instructions for production department to build equipment and provide engineering input and troubleshooting techniques to test station for operational testing of equipment before shipment.
• 3-5 years of Experience in HVAC and/or Refrigeration
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering related field (Mechanical is preferred)
• AutoCad experience