We are partnering with a company in Atlanta, Ga assisting in their search for a Project Engineer to help with the rapid increase in business. The Project Engineer leads the engineering activities related to the design and supply of custom industrial equipment projects. Engineering activities include mechanical systems design, equipment sizing and layout, and coordinating with engineering team to complete equipment projects on time and under budget. The project engineer will also inspect machines prior shipment, assist with start-up/installation, and troubleshoot field issues as required.
- Develop contract specific machine General Arrangement and supporting BOM / Assembly / Detail drawings
- Coordinate/advise detail engineers to generate support documentation
- Resolve technical issues with suppliers during fabrication and assembly
- Inspect equipment prior to shipment, assist with start-up/installation, and troubleshoot field issues
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- BSME and 5 years of Experience
- Experience in executing CAPEX equipment projects is preferred
- AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D preferred
- Ability to apply engineering principles and practices in day to day decision making
- Experience with cost estimating, proposal generation, and field sales support a plus