We are partnering with a food processing equipment company in Gainesville, Ga who is looking to add a direct hire Project Engineer to their design team.
- Work with Customers and Sales Group to develop a working layout to accommodate their process flow, providing top views and side elevation views.
- Field verify layouts that were either provided by the plant or their contractors. Also verify layouts that were developed in house.
- Design conveyors, platforms, and other equipment to fit into the parameters defined by the customer’s approved layout.
- Make Engineering Drawings to convey designs properly so that manufacturing can build the equipment to the print.
- Create DXFs for Laser.
- Create BOMs for Sales Support Group to create parts for inventory.
- Work with Manufacturing to assure equipment designs are adequate to accomplish the customer’s desired output.
- Work with Manufacturing to improve upon existing designs, whether for current projects or for future projects.
- Work with Project Management to improve upon designs that have been installed in the field.
- Work with Project Management to design items to complete punch lists after project installs have been completed.
- Travel to job sites for pre measurement verification and installation required. (up to 50%)
- Minimum AAS in Mechanical Design
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Efficient in Auto Cad, Autodesk Inventor and MS Excel
- Conveyor design principle knowledge is a plus but not required