We are partnering with a company in Atlanta, Ga assisting in their search for a Project Manager to help with the rapid increase in business. The Project Manager demonstrates excellent management and leadership qualities within and across all business functional areas, as well as with supplier partners. Works independently and partners with managers, directors, and subject matter experts to drive the work of the project team for large and/or highly complex projects and programs. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, reporting, execution, and completion of all projects ensuring consistency with the company product development process, quality standards and/or strategic goals.
- Manages and measures all Equipment project related activities from Quotation through Post-Installation.
- Develops, maintains and tracks project KPI’s considering project requirements, changes, and customer requests.
- Coordinate and matrix manage all key project stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure deadlines are met by facilitating resource planning, organizing, and prioritizing. Facilitates alternate solutions to project challenges as they arise.
- Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project process, status, and risk mitigation plans. Provide support to project teams to include escalation of issues to management for resources or direction.
- Identify the need for, develop, and proactively drive ongoing process improvements to include key functional areas using project management tools and best practices.
- Authors Request for Quotation documentation for fabricators and 3rd party component suppliers, determine material costs, fabrication costs and estimated deliveries for equipment.
- Demonstrated success leading in a matrix organizational structure. Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders.
- Leverages informal communication channels and established relationships to mitigate barriers to project success.
- Drives corrective actions to mitigate project risks.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering related Discipline (Mechanical preferred)
- Extensive experience managing complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Exceptional communication skills with strong attention to detail, follow-through, and problem solving. Computer Proficiency: All Office 365 elements, Microsoft Project.
- Project Management experience within manufacturing and supply chain management business environments.
- Ability to develop leading metrics and measure to provide both accurate predictions of outcomes as well as provide insight into business model productivity.
- PMP certification is a plus
- Six Sigma/Lean experience a plus