Project Manager - Mechanical
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads to achieve the best allocation of resources within a defined budget to meet project expectations.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards according to the Pre Planning Process outlined in the company Policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and NE contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, purchases, rental equipment, income/expenses, change orders, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Support all company reporting functions such as weekly reports, time cards, annual reviews, etc.
- Protect company from improper “At-Risk” activities especially monitoring adherence to all safety procedures.
- Manage both Design Build and Bid Build projects including managing the design process.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Division Manager.
- Supervise Project Superintendent and other RH White employees and subcontractors assigned to the project.
- 4 Year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (five or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Must have a working knowledge of structural, mechanical, and electrical civil and building practices and concepts.
- Innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of construction software, corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Computer skills required, including familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project etc.)
- Vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Must be confident in directing and coordinating staff, sub contractors and consultants.
- Superior organization skills, ability to make independent decisions and multi-task.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver’s License
- Must be a business oriented person.