Provide customer satisfaction, commercial success, and management of scope & schedule for assigned projects. Manage a rolling portfolio of projects across several customer accounts and industries. Provide credible leadership to all aspects of automation and automation related projects/operational activities. Create and execute on formal policies, procedures, and work practices that ensures the company delivers success to our customers and ourselves.
Cooperate with others to uphold the company's Total Customer Commitment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-execution responsibilities such as sales support, proposal generation, planning, and estimating activities. These activities lead to well-defined deliverables with associated work plans that provide a solid starting point for all work.
- Delivery responsibilities such as customer management, team management, high level technical direction, commercial management, and schedule/resourcing management.
- Effective planning, budgeting, coordination, communication, and reporting to the customer and management team.
- Post project activities such as continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, project to site transition, training, adoption services, outcome delivery.
- Continuously builds and improves upon the existing PMO and Operations standard operating procedures.
- Management of traditional waterfall-based contracts via established PMI norms, management of software/product development via agile/scrum methodologies, management of outcome based contracts, and management of mixed methodologies.
- Strong participation in strategic planning efforts.
- Physical demands: Lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Travel: 50% day travel within the Greater Boston area. Occasional project assignments requiring full time on-site presence.
- BS in Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience as an engineer in a technical leadership role.
- General process controls knowledge and experience delivering automation projects.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Appropriate and professional demeanor and appearance
- 5 years’ experience in a project management or program management role.
- Experience with Emerson, Allen Bradley, and Siemens control systems products.
- Experience managing turnkey projects at a plant in a startup environment.
- Preparing and evaluating budgets
- Monitoring and controlling resources
- Clarifying roles and objectives
- Working collaboratively
- Ease with executive management
- Managing crucial conversations
- Motivating and inspiring
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Basic Life & Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident, Term Life, Whole Life Insurance
- Flu Shot Clinic & First Aid/AED/CPR Classes
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.