Sr. Quality Engineer
We are working with a contract electronics manufacturer in the Raleigh, NC area who is looking to add a Sr. Quality Engineer to their growing team. This position will work closely on the floor with the production team and vendors to create solutions for quality issues.This is a direct hire position for a local candidate.
- Support daily production and resolve quality issues.
- Ensure products, procedures, and all departments meets IPC and J-Standards.
- Lead MRB activities and follow up sorting and rework.
- Create and improve quality documents such as inspection procedure and work instructions.
- Issue NCRs & CAPAs for RMAs, customer complaints, and internal quality issues.
- Review and approve CAPA reports. Perform follow-up and closures.
- Monitor RMAs and customer quality complains. Perform quality trend analysis and take appropriate actions
- Periodically visit customers to discuss about quality issues and present action plans and CAPA reports.
- Create quality/KPI reports. Review data and take actions as needed.
- Manage supplier quality issues including issuing SCAR and follow up.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Engineering discipline and at least 3 years of Quality Engineer experience.
- Strong Knowledge in electronic PCB and electro mechanical assembly
- Experience in IPC A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Familiarity with PFD, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, Cpk analysis, and PPAP
- Knowledge of C=0 and MIL-STD-105E sampling plan
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A working knowledge of process improvement skills including Six Sigma, 8D Problem Solving, 5S Factory Housekeeping etc.