Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Develop, maintain and ensure the execution of the Quality Management System (QMS) and quality control plans, programs and policies.
- Maintain all necessary records and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 standards and company policy.
- Maintain material test reports (MTR), various certificates of conformance (COC) and customer required certification, documentation.
- Maintain the instrument testing and calibration program for all measuring equipment as per ISO 9001 standards and company requirements.
- Provide oversight to the Supplier Qualification Program.
- Assist purchasing in the qualification of new suppliers and the resolution of supplier quality issue.
- Assist with quality reviews of all major and/or critical suppliers.
- Facilitate audits of supplier manufacturing and quality systems as necessary.
- Maintain incoming material inspection program.
- Provide production quality support.
- Manage all product quality assurance programs and sign-off on all product releases (internal and external).
- Develop and assist with method sheets which documents manufacturing procedures and establish process controls.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification, weld inspections and coating inspections; perform non-destructive testing (NDT) when required; maintain records of inspections and results.
- Oversee all product testing, audit and inspection.
- Coordinate all off-site testing (weld procedures, welder qualification, customer required testing, NDT, etc.) as required.
- Oversee all ISIR (initial sample inspection report) requirements and submission as per company policy.
- Maintain customer product certification and inspection activities in addition to championing all planning, completion of non-destructive testing (NDT), product inspection and release including documentations.
- Interact directly with all customer representatives as directed by facility leadership.
- Assist with the training and certification of facility welders.
- College degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment. Working knowledge of a manufacturing quality management system is a must.
- Good computer skills and experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- A working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals.
- Knowledgeable in both liquid and powder type coatings.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications, AWWA standards and AWS/ASME welding codes.
- Preferred to have all or some of the following: CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) accreditation (AWS/ASME) CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) certification (ASQ) Lean Manufacturing methodology certification/experience
- Able to perform or learn to perform NDT evaluations: dye-penetrant, magnetic particle, dry film thickness and others that may be required by the project contract/specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.