This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company as a Quality Engineer for the Incoming Inspection Dept. in Ball Ground, Ga. This is a Permanent opportunity with a large company.
- Use measuring instruments, engineering drawings, procedures, workmanship standards, etc. to perform inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Maintain inspection records and compile results of all inspections for internal feedback reporting system (SAP).
- Complete discrepancy reports for non-conforming material (SAP) as needed.
- Operate automated inspection equipment, specifically programmable vision systems and CMM's.
- Lead dedicated product improvement teams
- Develop and create quality related analytics for major product lines.
- Analyze and create metrics for statistical process control of critical to quality specifications
- Develop, document, and implement incoming inspection processes and procedures for incoming products and components
- Establish, maintain and track the appropriate measurements of post market quality (warranty, RMA, CAPA, defects, etc.) for assigned product lines.
- Work with management to develop monthly reports based on overall product quality
- Compare post market data to production/supplier data to lead preventative actions.
- Conduct, manage or participate in internal and external audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline or 10+ years of experience in a directly related field
- CMM or Vision System programming experience
- Experience in implementation of mechanical inspection equipment, and methods
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (Lean and Six Sigma)
- General understanding of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Exposure to process and/or software validation methods
- Quality Assurance Experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 9001, ISO13485, TS16949 or AS9100)
- Operational Excellence/Six Sigma/Lean training or certifications