We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for our client in Covington, Ga. The Quality Engineer will be responsible Test Validations, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessment, Continuous improvement and many other quality related functions. The ideal candidate will have a Green or Black Belt and be familiar with SPC and FMEAS. This is a full time direct Hire position.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Leadership is expected, through daily “Gemba” walks in the plant.
- This position is responsible for leading monthly quality reviews and the site-level Operational Excellence Quality team.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple daily tasks and ongoing projects with minimal supervision.
- Requires the use of statistical tools for preparing and analyzing product capabilities and quality investigations. Some common statistical tools include: Control Charting, Capability Analysis, t-test, box plots, Gage RR, Regression, Correlation, and Sample Size Analysis.
- Requires strong understanding of root cause analysis techniques (Why-Why analysis, FMEA, or similar techniques) for quality complaint and non-conforming product investigations.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and improving an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS). Serve as an internal quality auditor and assist with customer and external quality audits.
- Must accept ownership and accountability for the site quality management system performance. Commitment to continuously improve customer satisfaction and the site quality management system performance.
- Responsible for leading ongoing greenbelt quality improvement projects.
- Bachelors Degreee in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience in Quality Management Systems / Laboratories
- 6-Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification is a plus.
- Experience with Minitab, VBA Programming for Spreadsheet Automation