We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a plastics manufacturer in South Atlanta, GA. The Quality Engineer will provide support for documentation of quality, inspection, production and improving processes on rubber products.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Visits to customers for price adjustments, quality issues, new work etc…
- Corrective actions
- FMEA, PPAP, APQP and RMA’s
- Customer training, audits and surveys
- Maintaining procedures and work instructions
- Assisting in manufacturing problem analysis and solutions
- Qualifying of products and validating of processes
- Performs Process Reviews in order to streamline processes and increase Quality throughput by utilizing common business quality practices.
- Perform in-house audits/reviews and compile results for reporting to management. Act as one of the Quality focal for external Customer audits.
- Assist QA Manager in implementing and sustaining ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and TS 16949 standards.
- Assist Quality Inspectors in resolution of shop floor instruction issues, concerns and questions.
Requirements of the Quality Engineer:
- 3-5 years of Quality Experience
- BS Degree is preferred.
- Certified Mechanical Inspector/Certified Quality Engineer or Greenbelt/ISO 14001 is a plus.
- Rubber and/or Plastic Extrusion experience is a plus.
- US Citizenship is required
- Up to 10% travel