We are currently partnering with a manufacturing company in Fairburn, GA who is looking to add a Quality Engineer for their growing team. This is a Direct Hire position with full benefits. The Quality Engineer is responsible for the implementation of quality initiatives and quality improvement relative to new and existing parts and assemblies. This includes utilizing experience or expertise to solve supplier quality problems, resolve and disposition defective materials with suppliers and supply chain management, and develop/execute objectives to improve product quality and meet customer expectations.
- Establishing outgoing inspection programs with new and existing suppliers,
- Be the leader in problem resolution with suppliers and internal functional areas,
- Drive corrective action and timely disposition on all defective materials and parts.
- Quality Documentation and Standards: Establish and Maintain all Quality Inspection Work Instructions and Quality Standards.
- Train and Mentor team members on inspection and standards.
- Exhibit excellent communication internally and externally of Quality issues and actions, to include customer communication as needed.
- Ensure all inspection equipment is maintained, organized, and calibrated at all times. Recommend new measuring equipment as needed.
- Technical: Serve as the liaison between Supply Chain, Suppliers, and Engineering on proper documentation of drawing requirements and quality standards.
- Establish new requirements where needed, with alignment from Engineering.
- Measure: Measure and Continuous Improvement of Quality KPIs.
- Identification of root causes; resolving with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred and 5-10 Years Quality Experience
- ASQ Certification required
- Six Sigma and Project Management