We have a great direct hire opportunity with a client in Newnan, GA for a Quality Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a background in root cause analysis and experience with different manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for all aspects of quality engineering techniques and methods in an assigned area or project with minimal supervision.
- Provides support to manufacturing for quality improvement and new product launch.
- Capable of performing advanced quality planning on new model introductions.
- Capable of performing in a high paced complex environment and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Develop and implement control plans and product inspection plans.
- Lead process improvement teams.
- Proficient in developing and implementing process controls, SPC, and other statistical methods.
- Capable of developing and implementing quality metrics to monitor internal performance.
- Proficient with problem solving techniques and able to lead small groups through problem solving and Kaizen activities.
- Capable of auditing internal quality systems.
- Capable of initiating and reviewing corrective action for problem resolution.
- Competent at reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Capable of developing and documenting quality systems, standards, and procedures as required.
- Professionally adheres to all company rules and policies.
- Implement and adhere to all ISO-9001 and QMS requirements/procedures and strive for simplification.
- 4-year engineering degree and 6-8 years experience in Quality Engineering. or 15-20 years equivalent experience without a degree.
- Knowledge of ISO - 9001
- Experience with Excel and Minitab