The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by identifying a Quality Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing organization. The role represents the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing on global customer accounts. If interested in this role, please apply to this posting with your Word formatted resume including contact information to be reached. To expedite the process, you can additionally email your resume to Rich Gardner at email@example.com .
Responsibilities of Quality Engineer:
- Develops and maintains QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
- Provides support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Evaluates and provides input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Supports all global training programs specific to their customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Develops appropriate systems for document storage, access and review pertaining to global customer accounts.
- Reviews all supplies, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
- Conducts periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develops appropriate systems for document storage and access.
- Reviews all supplier or customer discrepancies. Coordinates and tracks the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Participates in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aids in their process improvement efforts.
- Provides insight and assistance in implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
- Assists in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
- Interfaces and provides technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements of Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five years related experience.