The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading Medical Device company in the area to identify a Quality Engineer to join their team! This is a permanent role. Local candidates only please.
Essential Job Functions of the Quality Engineer:
- Quality engineering support for manufacturing and project management.
- Develop inspection requirements; facilitate PFMEAs; resolve discrepant material issues and create and maintain quality document such as control plans and inspection plans
- Analyze data and identify improvement opportunities.
- Act as the quality interface for a production team in responding to customer complaints using failure analysis, development of corrective and preventative actions and trend analysis.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, create audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative actions.
- Lead small to moderate projects.
- Support validation activity of processes, equipment and metrology.
- Create protocols and analyze data.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that inspection plans comply with the relevant requirements of customer’s product requirements.
- Monitors the utilization of employee safety and OE programs
- Participates in the Operational Excellence Program
- Supports and complies with the company’s Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
Minimum Requirements, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical, Industrial, or other Engineering or Physical science
- 3-6 years of experience in engineering in a machining or manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Blueprint reading and GD&T expertise
- Statistical expertise with DOE and Capability Studies
- Experience using Minitab
- Process management
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity, multiple priorities and short deadlines
- Ability to consistently achieve short and long term business results
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and ERP and other business related systems