The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the medical device industry by securing a Quality Engineer to join their team. This position will be responsible for providing technical quality engineering support for customers, processes and systems, including driving continuous improvement activities.
Quality Engineer Summary:
- Quality engineering support for manufacturing and project management. Develop inspection requirements; facilitate PFMEAs; resolve discrepant material issues and create and maintain quality document such as control plans and inspection plans.
- Analyze data and identify improvement opportunities.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to implement effective inspection and control plans for new product development.
- Act as the quality interface for a production team in responding to customer complaints using failure analysis, development of corrective and preventative actions and trend analysis.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, create audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative actions.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that inspection plans comply with the relevant requirements of customer's product requirements.
- Supports and complies with the company's Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements.
Quality Engineer Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree: Mechanical, Industrial, or other Engineering science.
- 3-6 years of experience in engineering in a machining or manufacturing setting.
- Blueprint reading and GD&T expertise.
- Knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Statistical expertise with DOE and Capability Studies.
- Highly detail oriented; checks own work, keeps accurate records, organizes information effectively.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and ERP and other business-related systems.