The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in the control panel industry by securing a Quality Engineer for their team. This is an incredible opportunity with a truly innovative company.
Responsibilities of Quality Engineer:
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of customer complaints regarding quality.
- Focus on improving internal FPY. Analyze data and drive corrective actions upstream in the value stream. Formally document lessons learned to make systemic improvements.
- Create, manage and deploy the required documentation and records to support a stable QMS.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis (RCA) and successful corrective action (CA).
- Work with Project Managers by preparing PPAP Documentation (FMEAs, PSWs, Control Plans, etc.), develop New Product QC sheets, Work Instructions, Job Aids, etc. (quality related activities that need to be completed prior to launching products for new customers).
- Project Work – Lead key process improvement projects working with suppliers and customers.
- Work with suppliers to insure Quality products and good relationships involving product procurement.
- Lead internal and external Corrective Action/Preventative (CAPA) activities and perform verification of documented Corrective Actions (CA).
- Collect and analyze quality data to determine training opportunities. Administer “Read & Understand” documents, Quality Alerts, present the quality portion of the New Employee Orientation Program, provide specific training, and maintain the Training Matrix.
- Work with Production and Quality to maintain ISO 9001 certification and obtain ISO 14001 certification.
Education, Skills of Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality/Engineering/ Technology/Science/Math or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in preparing PPAP documentation
- Auditing experience and knowledge of ISO 9001 (14001 helpful)
- Demonstrated proficiency at preparing and presenting upper management and customer presentations