The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the sensor industry by securing a Quality Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company!
This role will play an integral part to improve customer satisfaction, drive supplier quality improvements, and support continuous improvement objectives throughout the organization. This position will support Quality function in promoting quality assurance and in interfacing with all areas of the company, its customers and suppliers on critical quality issues. The Quality Engineer will also work cross-functionally to maintain the new ISO quality management system to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality requirements.
- Monitor customer and supplier quality issues associated with defined product families; maintain quality databases; determine failure trends, initiate corrective actions and support teams to address systemic issues using data driven approach and suitable problem solving techniques.
- Support 8D process in containment actions, root cause investigations, corrective/preventative actions, verify or validate corrective actions and monitoring issue recurrences.
- Proactively initiate CIP projects to identify and improve product or process capability, reliability, and quality.
- Track customer complaints, coordinate diagnosis of customer returned units and analyses of complex failures between internal teams, suppliers and external test labs.
- Analyze, develop and maintain meaningful quality metrics and generate quality statistics reports on a regular basis to bring customer and supplier quality visibility to Quality Management.
- Generate failure analysis reports, response packages for external reporting to address customers’ quality concerns.
- Monitor incoming quality and non-conforming material/outputs data, maintain supplier quality metrics and communicate supplier quality to all interested parties.
- Perform internal audits; provide support in audit preparations and participate in ISO 9001 and customer audits.
- Apply and maintain quality procedures, work instructions and records in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 standard and customer requirements.
- Monitor, measure and analyze key performance indicators on company wide processes by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports for visibility to Quality Management.
Experience, Education, and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or a related engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality or Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement or combined.
- Experienced and competent in the methods and application of tools such as, Pareto, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone diagram and FMEA.
- Proficient in interpreting, generating and maintaining quality metrics (failure rates, DPU, PPM), failure analysis and reporting.
- Experience in statistical applications tools such as Minitab, Excel, or related SPC tools/software preferred.
- Experience with ISO quality management system preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, creative and perceptive with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to execute tasks as directed by Quality Management.