We are looking for a Quality Manager to join our client in Hudson, Ma on a direct hire basis.
Quality manager ensures that product, services, and processes are fit for purpose, consistent and meets both external and internal requirements, including customer specifications and legal compliance. Quality Manager is a strategic leadership role with the responsibility to initiate and drive the activities required to meet, and continually improve the quality standards and enhance competitiveness.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Lead and manage the Quality Assurance Team.
- Lead cross-departmental initiatives to design and implement effective quality processes that will enhance the company’s overall productivity and efficiency. * Organized and Efficient:
- Prioritize and manage all quality assurance and quality operations
- Design, create and upkeep all quality documentation, including various forms and reports necessary for compliance and auditing processes. *
- Evaluate the efficacy of the existing processes. Observe, measure relevant data and analyze how people (and machines) are delivering the outputs. Propose impactful initiatives to eliminate waste and improve the overall performance of the operations.
- Innovativeness & Pragmatism:
- Challenge the status-quo and consistently seek ways to improve quality processes. Plan and implement various quality initiatives in an efficient and pragmatic manner.
- Understand and appreciate the basics of the business – Being able to pragmatically and creatively contribute value to overall business.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Compliance & Assurance
- Ensure AS9100/ISO9001 compliant operation across the organization. Lead the initiatives to maintain and continually improves the AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality ratings.
- Plan and perform internal audits per AS9100/ISO9001. Plan and coordinate the audit by the authorities.
- Manage existing vendor certifications. Expand and attain new strategic customer certifications. Liaise with key customers as a Designated Quality Representative and ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for customer audits - typically 5-7 per year.
- Ensure all specifications meet with manufacturing and legal requirements.
- Review contracts for quality issues.Quality Operations Management
- Lead and manage the Quality Inspection Team. Manage and continuously improve the inspection process to efficiently support the demand from rapidly growing production business.
- Manage and improve the Vendor Qualification Program and maintain the Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Investigate root cause of non-conformances and develop/implement corrective action plans together with departments involved.
- Responsible for managing and driving Continuous Improvement and Preventative Actions.
- Provide quality-related training, tools, and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards. Evaluate the efficacy of training and establish required initial and recurring training practices. Maintain and upkeep the quality training files of all employees.
Health & Safety & Environmental
- Manage the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) compliance and inspections, including environmental issues.
- Chairs the company’s safety committee activities.
- Measure and analyze relevant quality metrics (including customer satisfaction surveys) to assess the performance of operation. Evaluate performance against relevant benchmarks or standards. Report the findings to the Executive Team and the President.
- Lead key initiatives to improve the quality system. Liaise with other managers and staff to address any issues and improve the quality management system.
- Plan and present at the annual Management Review Meetings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree from an accredited College in engineering or relevant disciplines.
- 5+ years in a relevant role related to engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a quality management related role in an AS9100 environment.
- Demonstrated skills and capability to lead a team.
- Knowledge of a statistical process control. Knowledge of the lean processes preferred.
- Experience with conducting internal and vendor/supplier quality audits.
- Experience with 5S and OSHA compliance.
- Experience with CE a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.