The Davis Companies is Partnering with an aerospace manufacturing plant in Cincinnati, Ohio. This direct hire role would be leading the quality team and responsible for the Cincinnati and California manufacturing facilities.
Requirements of Quality Manager
- Understands quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems, and professional ethics.
- Understands a quality system and its development, documentation, and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements.
- Understands the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and follow-up.
- Able to implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, standards and customer quality requirements.
- Able to plan, control, and ensure product and process quality consistent with quality principles such as planning, material control, acceptance sampling, statistical process control and measurement systems.
- Able to acquire and analyze data to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
Responsibilities of Quality Manager
- Monitors compliance with companies Management System (QMS) at assigned facility through auditing, observation and data analysis.
- Communicates with and reports to upper management on quality issues and performance metrics.
- Trains staff on quality topics.
- Direct supervisor of quality assurance technicians at assigned facility.
- Identifies risks potentially affecting quality and opportunities for improvement in the company QMS.
- Accountable for non-conforming material processes and Chair of the material review board at the assigned facility.
- Accountable for calibrated instrument inventory and timely instrument calibration.