Rehrig - Maintenance Tech
Rehrig - Maintenance Tech
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician in the Northeast Atlanta Area. The purpose of this role is to ensure availability and function of plant machinery and auxiliary equipment by completing preventive maintenance and responding to troubleshooting and/or repair needs in a timely manner.
- Monitor and complete preventive maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment. (Injection Molding Machines, Extruders, Robots, Air Compressors, Vacuum Conveying Systems, Process Cooling Systems, HVAC, Fire Suppression, and Alarm Systems.)
- Perform all responsibilities with a strong commitment to safety, and in alignment with established SOPs, Work Instructions, and Company Values.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and perform emergency repair work on manufacturing equipment in a timely manner, based on priority established by management.
- Report status of repair jobs promptly to Production Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor. • Complete assigned maintenance tasks to support process improvement, scrap reduction, and other engineering-led activities.
- Support and recommend improvement to the preventive maintenance program.
- Utilize CMMS to manage workflow and enter work order feedback.
- Support flawless launch activities, participate in kaizen events, and provide facility maintenance and installation support to complete lean manufacturing efforts. • Identify and communicate all needs toward maintaining spare parts inventory.
- Work with outside contractors to repair, refurbish, or install building systems and equipment on schedule as needed.
- Repair all building issues in accordance with standards.
- Must have injection molding experience; preferably with Engel and Krauss Maffei machines.
- Ability to read Hydraulic and Electrical schematics
- Mechanical and electrical basic tool experience (hand wrenches, torque, caliper, pipe wrenches, power tools, air tools, hydraulic tools)
- Basic understanding of mechanical assemblies (conveyors, sprockets, belts, pulleys, gearboxes, centrifugal pumps, vacuum pumps)
- Basic knowledge of electrical components (480V/220V, fuses, relays, contactors, motors)
- Can use a multimeter
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic conveying and troubleshooting (controls, actuators or valves)
- General facilities maintenance experience
- Ability to handle assignment with little or no supervision, take initiative to learn new skills, and support other team members.
- Additional skills desired (not required): PLC Programming, welding, machine shop skills, Lean manufacturing, Associate degree, or credits from a technical college