Sales Application Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sales Application Engineer
Title:Sales Application Engineer
Sales Applications Engineer - Direct Position Mid-Level
Daily activities for a Sales Applications Engineer may involve responding to general inquiries via inbound call and email seeking information on our company, products, and services. The act of carrying out this responsibility requires the individual to be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in oral and written formats.
- Verify the project/opportunity/requirement to be a good fit for the group’s current capabilities, capacity, and profit margins/targets.
- Leverage historical data to provide preliminary cost/schedule/feasibility estimates to customers.
- Secure the necessary specification/application details such that a suitable standard or custom optical solution can be conceptualized.
- Work as liaison between the customer and the technical team to define a mutually agreed upon set of specifications in response to a requirement that clearly communicates compliance/clarification/exception as needed to customer stated requirements.
- Process price quotes and proposals for standard products, pre-engineered systems, or custom solutions that were deemed a good match for the project based upon the efforts described above.
- Perform follow up calls, emails, or face-to-face meetings with interested parties that could result in potential sales opportunities for products & services.
- Work with engineering, order entry, accounting and shipping to process any resulting orders per customers’ expectations.
- Work with production and administrative teams to understand project schedules and provide updates to customers as required.
- Follow up with customers that ordered products to determine satisfaction with product received, customer service, and to inquire about the possibility for new orders.
Essential skills required to be successful in the position include the ability to prioritize workload in a manner that realizes the most immediate/strategic benefit while also addressing customer requirements and schedules, prompt and informative responses to customer inquiries, strong product and capability knowledge and expertise, familiarity with commercial camera offerings and their compatibility with our products. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of optics and optical systems but does not necessarily need to possess all of the technical knowledge on products & services at the time of hire. The candidate must respond positively to on-job training and constructive performance feedback from supervisors and colleagues.
Listed below are the anticipated duties:
- Assist with incoming calls & website requests for information or support on Products & Services
- Become the conduit that accurately transmits customers’ technical & commercial requirements to optical design, engineering, & sales management to maximize the chance of capturing each opportunity.
- Provide information to customers in both oral and written form.
- Prepare proposals in response to customer requests.
- Coordinate internal gate reviews where required.
- Assist with trade show preparation, including travel plans, applicable rentals for booth space and furnishings.
- Schedule, plan, and host customer visits to facilities.
- Establish and maintain processes to effectively achieve the goals defined above.
- Input on workload prioritization and project scheduling to help assist engineering and program managers to meet our customer’s deadlines.
- Set objectives for professional development and establish a means for tracking progress against those goals.
To be considered for this position the right candidate will require:
- A Bachelor degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in sales engineering.
- Enthusiasm to learn something new every day.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong mathematics.
- Willingness to travel to customer facilities & industry tradeshows.
- Senior Program Coordinator in Marlborough, MA MA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Sorter in Memphis TN
- Welder - 2nd shift in Acton MA
- Jr. Accounts Payable Clerk in Worcester MA
- Customer Service Specialist in New Hope MN
- Material handler in Austin TX
- QA Technician - Validation in Chaska MN
- 3rd Shift Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Machinist - Swiss Lathe in Memphis TN
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator Assistant in Olive Branch MS
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Instrument Assembler in Lindon UT
- Electrical Designer in Easley SC
- Kitting in Suwanee GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Marlborough MA
- CMM Programmer-1st Shift in Kennesaw GA
- Sr Technicians - test-troubleshoot complex systems in Merrimack NH
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA
- Corporate Recruiter in Chaska MN
- RMA Test Tech in Nashua NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Anoka MN
- Quality Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Cincinnati OH
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Manufacturing Process Engineer in Columbia SC
- Field Service Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Technical Support Rep in Maple Grove MN
- Microwave Test Tech in Hudson NH
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Traffic Coordinator in Franklin MA
- Accounts Receivable Specialist in Milford MA
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Receiving Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Mechanical Assembler in Danvers MA
- Team Lead - 2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Systems Technician II in Beverly MA
- Shop Helper- 2nd Shift in Dahlonega GA
- Facilities Maintenance tech in Concord CA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Sr Test Tech in Merrimack NH
- Process Technician in Galloway TN
- Maintenance Technician in Galloway TN
- Metal Prep in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift - Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- Technical Recruiter in Vineland NJ
- Instrument Assembler in Nixa MO
- Accounts Payable Assistant in Suwanee GA
- ATE & AXI Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- IT Manager in Oxford NC
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Electrical Technician (3rd shift) in Somersworth NH
- Mechanical Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Plymouth MN
- Field Service Technician in Duluth GA
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Electrical Technician in Manchester NH
- EM Assembler in Ashland MA
- QC-QA Technician in Swedesboro NJ
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA
- Shipper in Westborough MA
- Precision Assemblers in Concord CA
- Precision Inspector in Concord CA
- Material Handler-Cycle Counter in Westborough MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist IV in Chaska MN
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Chaska MN
- HR Generalist-Leave Admin in San Jose CA
- Engineering Documentation Tech in New Hope MN
- Mechanical Engineer in Dartmouth MA
- Mechanical Validation Engineer in Marietta GA
- E-m Assembler - Optical experience in Merrimack NH
- Gearbox Technician in Suwanee GA
- EM Assemblers in Haverhill MA
- Field Service Technician in Memphis TN
- Deburr-Laser Operator Help in Flowery Branch GA
- Electro-Mechanical Technician in Senoia GA
- Quality Manager in Oxnard CA
- Machine Maintenance Technician in Plymouth MN
- Wash and Breakdown Technician in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Electronic Rework Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- Shipping & Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Programmer Analyst in Jasper GA
- Picker in Memphis TN
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Human Resources Director in Anoka MN
- CNC Operator in Ashland MA
- Opto-Mechanical Assembly Technician in Eagleville PA
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Representative in Brea CA
- Design Engineer in Columbia SC
- CMM Programmer- 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- HR Associate in Marlborough MA
- Neutral Set Technician in Memphis TN
- Micro Solder Repair Technician in Norcross GA