Sales Application Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sales Application Engineer
Title:Sales Application Engineer
Sales Applications Engineer - Direct Position Mid-Level
Daily activities for a Sales Applications Engineer may involve responding to general inquiries via inbound call and email seeking information on our company, products, and services. The act of carrying out this responsibility requires the individual to be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in oral and written formats.
- Verify the project/opportunity/requirement to be a good fit for the group’s current capabilities, capacity, and profit margins/targets.
- Leverage historical data to provide preliminary cost/schedule/feasibility estimates to customers.
- Secure the necessary specification/application details such that a suitable standard or custom optical solution can be conceptualized.
- Work as liaison between the customer and the technical team to define a mutually agreed upon set of specifications in response to a requirement that clearly communicates compliance/clarification/exception as needed to customer stated requirements.
- Process price quotes and proposals for standard products, pre-engineered systems, or custom solutions that were deemed a good match for the project based upon the efforts described above.
- Perform follow up calls, emails, or face-to-face meetings with interested parties that could result in potential sales opportunities for products & services.
- Work with engineering, order entry, accounting and shipping to process any resulting orders per customers’ expectations.
- Work with production and administrative teams to understand project schedules and provide updates to customers as required.
- Follow up with customers that ordered products to determine satisfaction with product received, customer service, and to inquire about the possibility for new orders.
Essential skills required to be successful in the position include the ability to prioritize workload in a manner that realizes the most immediate/strategic benefit while also addressing customer requirements and schedules, prompt and informative responses to customer inquiries, strong product and capability knowledge and expertise, familiarity with commercial camera offerings and their compatibility with our products. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of optics and optical systems but does not necessarily need to possess all of the technical knowledge on products & services at the time of hire. The candidate must respond positively to on-job training and constructive performance feedback from supervisors and colleagues.
Listed below are the anticipated duties:
- Assist with incoming calls & website requests for information or support on Products & Services
- Become the conduit that accurately transmits customers’ technical & commercial requirements to optical design, engineering, & sales management to maximize the chance of capturing each opportunity.
- Provide information to customers in both oral and written form.
- Prepare proposals in response to customer requests.
- Coordinate internal gate reviews where required.
- Assist with trade show preparation, including travel plans, applicable rentals for booth space and furnishings.
- Schedule, plan, and host customer visits to facilities.
- Establish and maintain processes to effectively achieve the goals defined above.
- Input on workload prioritization and project scheduling to help assist engineering and program managers to meet our customer’s deadlines.
- Set objectives for professional development and establish a means for tracking progress against those goals.
To be considered for this position the right candidate will require:
- A Bachelor degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in sales engineering.
- Enthusiasm to learn something new every day.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong mathematics.
- Willingness to travel to customer facilities & industry tradeshows.
- Technical Recruiter - Suwanee in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Account Manager in Franklin MA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- 2nd Shift Welding Lead-Supervisor in Alpharetta GA
- Receiving-Inventory Associate in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Sr. Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Plant Cost Controller in Hudson MA
- EM Assembler in Walpole MA
- Continuous Improvement Leader in Newnan GA
- EM Tech, 2nd shift in Danvers MA
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- 3rd Shift Turn Mill Machinist in Gainesville GA
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Engineer II in MA
- Director of Operations in Suwanee GA
- Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Mfg Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Production control Clerk in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- CNC Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Manual Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Personal Assistant in Needham Heights MA
- MIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Shop Team Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler 2nd Shift in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Client Services Advisor in Alpharetta GA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator - 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Document Control Specialist in Wayland MA
- Principal Electro-Optical Tech in Eagleville PA
- Mechanic in Denver CO
- E&I Technician - 3rd shift 11p-7a in South Brunswick NJ
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Flowery Branch GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Robotics Engineer in Memphis TN
- Chief inspector 2nd shift in Rochester NH
- Receptionist in burlington MA
- Electronic Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- Director of Engineering in New Hudson MI
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- CAD Drafter in Dahlonega GA
- Project Manager in Suwanee GA
- Packager II in Memphis TN
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Roller, In-process Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Sr Controls Engineer in MA
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Systems Engineer in Bedford MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Hopkinton MA
- Material Handler in Westford MA
- Quality Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Optical Coatings Engineer in Nashua NH
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Accounts Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Civil Engineer II in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Manager in Highland Heights OH
- Documentation Specialist in Warwick RI
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Accounting Assistant in Worcester MA
- Field Service Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Incoming inspector in Austin TX
- Inventory Clerk in Waltham MA
- Optical Design Engineer in Keene NH
- Senior Oracle Apps DBA in Lowell MA
- Cloud Software Engineer Intern in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Southborough MA
- CNC Manufacturing Engineer in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Inspector - Final Acceptance Inspector in Branford CT
- Sr Operations Engineering in Eden Prairie MN
- Optics Engineer in Bedford MA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler II (direct) in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician (EM Assembler) in Marlborough MA
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- T&E Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Production Manager 2nd shift in Billerica MA
- Executive Assistant in Littleton MA
- Maintenance Parts Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in IL
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- Senior Manager of Quality in Waltham MA
- Continuous Improvement Manager in Atlanta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Technical Recruiter - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Inspector II in Memphis TN
- Receptionist in Littleton MA
- W2 Print Production Specialist in Louisville KY
- Operations Manager in Marlboro MA