Sales / Applications Engineer
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT OUR TEAM:
Responsible to develop and manage sales and product activities in specific channels, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention, execute business development in target markets (specifically, Power Electronics), provide sales support (specifically, Power modules, Inverters, Rectifiers, Thyristors, Ceramic Isolators, IGBT, etc.) and advance brand building
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Interface with stakeholders, including clients, business development and engineering colleagues on customer requirements
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications, requirements, and appraising new product ideas.
- Responsible for new business development, creating brand building strategies and identification of potential market segments (e.g. Power Electronics, Automotive (EV), etc.).
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, understanding pricing requirements, detailing the market potential, and proposing sales options.
- Attends conferences and professional association meetings to promote product solutions and brand.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts.
- Maintains professional affiliations and current knowledge of the latest issues related to target industries.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Business or similar, plus 5+ years of Product and/or Technically relevant Sales Management experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external parties in a variety of written/verbal settings.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business.
- Strong project management skills.