Security IT Project Engineer
The DAVIS Companies is seeking a Security IT Project Engineer Experienced in the Electronic Security Industry.
With an emphasis on customers with video surveillance and premise security systems (including IP and analog video surveillance, card access and intrusion systems), the Project Engineer will be responsible for analyzing project specifications against customer expectations, preparing and executing successful implementations, and managing labor expectations within the terms of the signed contracts to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Essential Functions of Security IT? Project Engineer:
- Provide technical support and/or engineering support for deployments and installations for large scale single-site or multi-site customers. Support will focus on Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion, but may include and will not be limited to access control systems, intrusion systems and networking equipment. Support will be provided to internal and external customers as well as vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including internal and customer-specific deployment manuals.
- Consult with assigned internal and external customers, vendor representatives, sales and other individuals to design technical solutions and prepare scopes of work. This may include creation of Bill of Materials, labor estimates, vendor/subcontractor selection, and working with manufacturers for lowest cost pricing.
- Provide Technicians, Field Manager and Contractors with all necessary information, supplies, and specifications to complete every job correctly. This includes, but is not limited to, purchase orders, install manuals, install check sheets, materials, adequate tech support, and instructions to compete the installation.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information on projects, Technician, and/or Contractor job progress, photograph files, daily tracking reports, and job costing and communicate regularly throughout the project with assigned Project Managers, Technicians, and/or Contractors regarding job progress or status, installation issues, concerns, or problems.
- Negotiate and source vendors with proper skill sets to complete the assigned projects.
- Provide regular and timely project updates to all assigned customers, and key internal employees, for each assigned project and complete weekly project progress reports for all projects assigned and update job status in Alert on a real time basis. Monitor profitability for all assigned projects on a weekly basis and immediately escalate any below margin projects to the Program Manager or Director of Operations.
- Responsibility for the health of the customer as it relates to the current project, including regular and timely communication as well as being available as situations demand. Work collaboratively with all internal and external resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained, and act as the primary contact for the customer.
- Provide oversight related to all assigned service orders, material requests, and other associated functions to ensure targets pertaining to established project parameters are met.
- Maintain overall project awareness as it relates to revenue, profitability, client satisfaction, activity, and forecasting.
- Attend project kick-off meetings to ensure proper initiation of a given project. Escalate any and all issues identified to the Program Manager for further investigation. Complete accurate monthly forecasting report to aid in proper staffing and future financial analysis.
- Work closely with your assigned Billing Administrator to ensure that all projects assigned are being billed timely, and within the guidelines established by the bid, and serve as technical troubleshooter for Project Managers, Technicians, and Contractors.
- Understand and follow all published codes, standards and unique project specifications.
- Upon site completion, validate proper system configuration, camera views and installation quality to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Upon site completion, facilitate and or coordinate customer training to ensure all assigned personnel are knowledgeable of and capable of using the newly installed solution.
- Provide training to internal project managers and field technicians as needed.
Required Experience/Education of Security IT? Project Engineer:
- Five years of experience working in a project environment, including relevant industry experience preferably with overall responsibility.
- 5+ year's verifiable technical work experience in electronic security industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance systems.
- Must have strong knowledge of network integration.
Preferred Experience/Education of Security IT Project Engineer:
- 4 year degree or 2 year degree from a credited institution
- Certifications in one of more of the following a plus but not required:
- CCNA-Certified Network Associate
- IP Video certification from a recognized manufacturer
- Access Control certification from a recognized manufacturer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities of Security IT Project Engineer:
- Good customer service and communication skills, along with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues
- Strong ability to define technical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to managers, employees, customers, and vendors in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and grammatically correct manner.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships, understand and educate internal and external customers.
- Ability to diagnostically test all work to ensure proper installation of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance systems.
- Knowledge of NEC code and industry standards.