Security IT Project Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Security IT Project Engineer
Title:Security IT Project Engineer
The DAVIS Companies is seeking a Security IT Project Engineer Experienced in the Electronic Security Industry.
With an emphasis on customers with video surveillance and premise security systems (including IP and analog video surveillance, card access and intrusion systems), the Project Engineer will be responsible for analyzing project specifications against customer expectations, preparing and executing successful implementations, and managing labor expectations within the terms of the signed contracts to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Essential Functions of Security IT? Project Engineer:
- Provide technical support and/or engineering support for deployments and installations for large scale single-site or multi-site customers. Support will focus on Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion, but may include and will not be limited to access control systems, intrusion systems and networking equipment. Support will be provided to internal and external customers as well as vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including internal and customer-specific deployment manuals.
- Consult with assigned internal and external customers, vendor representatives, sales and other individuals to design technical solutions and prepare scopes of work. This may include creation of Bill of Materials, labor estimates, vendor/subcontractor selection, and working with manufacturers for lowest cost pricing.
- Provide Technicians, Field Manager and Contractors with all necessary information, supplies, and specifications to complete every job correctly. This includes, but is not limited to, purchase orders, install manuals, install check sheets, materials, adequate tech support, and instructions to compete the installation.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information on projects, Technician, and/or Contractor job progress, photograph files, daily tracking reports, and job costing and communicate regularly throughout the project with assigned Project Managers, Technicians, and/or Contractors regarding job progress or status, installation issues, concerns, or problems.
- Negotiate and source vendors with proper skill sets to complete the assigned projects.
- Provide regular and timely project updates to all assigned customers, and key internal employees, for each assigned project and complete weekly project progress reports for all projects assigned and update job status in Alert on a real time basis. Monitor profitability for all assigned projects on a weekly basis and immediately escalate any below margin projects to the Program Manager or Director of Operations.
- Responsibility for the health of the customer as it relates to the current project, including regular and timely communication as well as being available as situations demand. Work collaboratively with all internal and external resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained, and act as the primary contact for the customer.
- Provide oversight related to all assigned service orders, material requests, and other associated functions to ensure targets pertaining to established project parameters are met.
- Maintain overall project awareness as it relates to revenue, profitability, client satisfaction, activity, and forecasting.
- Attend project kick-off meetings to ensure proper initiation of a given project. Escalate any and all issues identified to the Program Manager for further investigation. Complete accurate monthly forecasting report to aid in proper staffing and future financial analysis.
- Work closely with your assigned Billing Administrator to ensure that all projects assigned are being billed timely, and within the guidelines established by the bid, and serve as technical troubleshooter for Project Managers, Technicians, and Contractors.
- Understand and follow all published codes, standards and unique project specifications.
- Upon site completion, validate proper system configuration, camera views and installation quality to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Upon site completion, facilitate and or coordinate customer training to ensure all assigned personnel are knowledgeable of and capable of using the newly installed solution.
- Provide training to internal project managers and field technicians as needed.
Required Experience/Education of Security IT? Project Engineer:
- Five years of experience working in a project environment, including relevant industry experience preferably with overall responsibility.
- 5+ year's verifiable technical work experience in electronic security industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance systems.
- Must have strong knowledge of network integration.
Preferred Experience/Education of Security IT Project Engineer:
- 4 year degree or 2 year degree from a credited institution
- Certifications in one of more of the following a plus but not required:
- CCNA-Certified Network Associate
- IP Video certification from a recognized manufacturer
- Access Control certification from a recognized manufacturer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities of Security IT Project Engineer:
- Good customer service and communication skills, along with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues
- Strong ability to define technical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to managers, employees, customers, and vendors in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and grammatically correct manner.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships, understand and educate internal and external customers.
- Ability to diagnostically test all work to ensure proper installation of intrusion detection systems, electronic access control and CCTV/IP video surveillance systems.
- Knowledge of NEC code and industry standards.
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Payroll Administrator in Merrimack NH
- Sr Buyer in Bloomington MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- Quality Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CNC Machinist in Middleboro MA
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Industrial Engineer in McBee SC
- Helper in Doraville GA
- Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH
- buyer -Planner in Central Manchester CT
- Quality Assurance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Material Handler in Doraville GA
- Marketing Program Manager III in Lowell MA
- Engineering Technician in Concord NH
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Welder in Acton MA
- Assembler in Derry NH
- Manufacturing Project Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Forklift - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Middleboro MA
- Stock Prep Position in Middleboro MA
- Assembler (1st Shift) in Middleboro MA
- Quality Assurance Inspector in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Associate Service Consultant in Memphis TN
- Quality Tech in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist in Milford MA
- Service Tech - Installer in Suwanee GA
- Machine Operator-Beltline - Weekend Shift in Suwanee GA
- Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Timing Belt Fabrication 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Artisto Technician in Suwanee GA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Maintenance Technician in Hickory NC
- SMT Machine Operator in Milford NH
- Buyer-Planner in Merrimack NH
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic in Billerica MA
- Mechanical Inspector III in Waltham MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Manager in Atlanta GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- Manufacturing Supervisor-Machining in Wilmington MA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Laboratory Assistant 1 in Memphis TN
- Medical Device Assembler in Minneapolis MN
- Expeditor in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- CNC Lathe Machinist in Boylston MA
- Client Support Clerk - Temporary in Memphis TN
- Embedded Engineer in Watertown MA
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Customer Reception and Support Representative in Alpharetta GA
- Lab Technician in Suwanee GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Brooklyn Park MN
- Document Control Specialist in Worcester MA
- Warehouse Lead 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- Desktop Support in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Supply Chain Associate in Worcester MA
- DMR Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Shipping and Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Warehouse - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Configuration Analyst in Framingham MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN
- Principal Process Design & Development Engineer in North Canton OH
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Electro - Mechanical Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Software Engineer in Norwood MA
- Crimpers in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Inspection Technician in Wilmington MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in Marlborough MA
- Talent Acquisition Manager in Marlborough MA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Technician in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom Attendant in Gainesville GA
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate in Ashland MA
- Electrical Engineer in Ashland MA
- Inventory Control in Duluth GA
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN