Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated, Senior Sensing Hardware Electrical Engineer to join our client in Framingham, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Senior Sensors Electrical Engineer will have a background with analog, digital and board level design skills coupled with high levels of FW and DSP experience, to help develop sensors, systems and applications for future wearable consumer products. You will engage in a collaborative, rapidly-changing environment to design new technologies and help carry the design through to production. You will become part of a hands-on hardware design and development engineering team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation.
• Strong analog and digital circuit and electrical engineering fundamentals is a must
• Experience integrating sensors and sensing technologies in low power, small form factor, high volume consumer products
• Highly skilled in interacting with devices through serial communication protocols such as I2C, SPI and UART
• Programming skills such as C, Python, MATLAB for hardware bring up using eval kits during the exploration phase of the program.
• Experience with hands-on hardware bring-up, debugging, and functional verification
• Strong analytical ability, attention to detail will be instrumental to success.
• Embedded programming and DSP experience applicable to sensors and system integration with other SoCs in the product
• Experience troubleshooting to the component level using EE lab equipment
• Familiar with circuit simulation and Math tools, such as Spice and MATLAB.
• Basic knowledge of statistics to process data from prototype builds and analyze improvement effectiveness
• High level of independence required, but with demonstrated judgement to know when to ask for help
Additional Desirable Skills
• Augmented Reality AR/VR
• Familiarity with machine Learning and Neural networks
• AI MATLAB modeling
• Heavily involved in the exploration phase of the programs to identify new capabilities in sensing technology and gather trade-off attributes – this involves both engagement with external vendors and internal advanced research teams
• Build prototypes to prove functionality – this involves high level of embedded FW and scripting knowledge and hands-on electronics experience
• Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in products – Understand system level FW integration and develop new tools where needed
• Work closely with the internal FW development teams in transitioning to production – HW-FW documentation experience
• Work with internal and partner validation laboratories, to ensure product complies with product performance, reliability and worldwide regulatory agency requirements
• Working with development and manufacturing partners (<10% travel required), support product prototype builds and start of production
• Perform root-cause analysis and define/direct corrective action of quality issues as they arise during proto builds and start of production
• Assist manufacturing plants with process and test yield issues for sensor calibration steps
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering. MS preferred.
• 10+ years of industry experience