Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Chicopee, MA
Our client is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a direct hire basis. The primary purpose of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer is to design machinery and tooling, implement lean manufacturing concepts and manage projects as required to meet manufacturing objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design tools and dies in Solid Edge CAD software for sheet metal parts manufacturing including tool material selection, stress and vibration analysis. Develop and optimize tool design to reduce design lead time and manufacturing complexity using design for manufacturing (DFM) principles.
- Evaluate existing tools and dies for improvement and tool life estimates. Redesign as required to improve performance and quality & provide retraining of operators as needed.
- Design low cost automation systems including selection of electrical controls, including sensors, solenoids, pneumatics and PLC programs.
- Lead work teams to implement lean manufacturing concepts like Kanban, Kaizen, SMED and 5S for manufacturing improvements.
- Provide guidance to other manufacturing engineers
- Perform theoretical analysis and simulation of manufacturing processes, value stream mapping, FMEA and quantify areas of improvement for justification of projects. Design and manage experiments to validate theoretical analysis. Create project plans, timelines, and presentations supporting M.E. Projects.
- Write equipment specifications for acquisitions of new equipment. Write qualification plans and procedures for final acceptance of equipment and adherence to equipment specifications using statistical methods and design of experiments methodology.
- Perform installation and commissioning of tools, dies & other equipment.
- Review new and existing technical bulletins and specifications, for possible applications in plant and make recommendations on the use of acceptable ideas and concepts.
- Participate in quality and safety audits to ensure conformity to ISO and OSHA regulations.
- Analyze and recommend plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participate in Design Review meetings with Product and Design Engineers.
- Respond to customer inquiries, escalating manufacturing and delivery issues as appropriate.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering. Master's preferred.
- 8 Years of experience with CAD, lean manufacuting, project management
- Experience with Print Interpretation of GD&T
- Metal Fabrication experience (press room operations and tooling, heat treat, CNC machining, etc.)