Senior Solution Architect - DeltaV
Senior Solution Architect - DeltaV
Develop cross-domain automation solutions during project pursuit, develop a plan for execution by execution teams, and then monitor and govern the execution process. Provide sales and technical leadership for one or more data related products based on expertise.
The primary objectives of this role include:
- DeltaV System Leader: Be recognized by company personnel as the DeltaV system expert. Be responsible for the DeltaV technical solution in all DeltaV proposals.
- Responsible for Sales Targets: Develop a plan for achieving product and service sales targets annually and work with account managers and business development to pursue sales and marketing opportunities and lead the technical portion of the proposal process.
- Responsible for Consulting Engagements: Develop a plan for engaging customers in new areas (e.g., blitz), work with business development and account managers to identify opportunities, and engage target customers in billable consulting engagements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Sales: Serve as the primary technical resource during sales pursuits. Work with the customer to identify the appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s needs. Develop and estimate proposal technical scope, identify team roles & responsibilities and ensure the delivery team is operationally ready to deliver the solution.
- Consulting / Studies: Work with customers to identify, justify and scope projects prior to engagement by our delivery teams. These “front-end” consulting engagements include: Strategy Development, Technology Analysis and Selection, Best Practice and Standardization Development, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Studies, Optimization Studies, Root Cause Analysis, Return on Investment Analysis, Business Case Development, and Development of Customer Business Plans & Budgets.
- Project Scope: Work with customers to reduce project risk and cost through early project engagement to develop requirements, conceptual designs, and basis of designs. Once company's project delivery teams are engaged and only when required to reduce project risk and cost, serve as a technical consultant to the project delivery team, monitor and govern project execution, optimize the project delivery and estimation process, and deliver training.
- Solution Leader for DeltaV Systems: Develop and own sales targets for products and associated services, support business development requests, identify growth opportunities, develop sales and marketing collateral, educate account managers and business development, periodically perform industry presentations (e.g., ISPE, ISA, Emerson Exchange), serve a technical subject matter expert (SME), and mentor and advise technical leads.
- Multiple Concurrent Projects: Able to work on, monitor, and govern multiple project and project pursuits concurrently.
- Actively Work Well with Others: Actively involve Business Development and/or Account Managers in all opportunities to enhance/expand product and/or services. Must work with customers and execution teams to develop and maintain technical solutions.
- Billable Engagements: Work towards billable consulting engagements that cover costs of the position. For example, target a 50/50 billable to non-billable ratio between sales pursuit and billable consulting and project services.
- Goals: Work as needed to achieve personal and project goals.
- Travel: As required within the New England region to meet job requirements and goals.
- Education: BS degree in engineering
- 10 years engineering experience in shop floor industrial systems (ISA95 Level 0-3) as a consultant, development, design, integration and/or service engineer
- Sales Training
- Automation systems including Emerson DeltaV and Rockwell PLC systems
- Manufacturing intelligence systems including: data historians, visualization, reporting and analytics
- System integration of automation systems, manufacturing intelligence systems, manufacturing execution systems, quality systems, operations & supply chain systems, and laboratory systems
- Industry Standards (e.g., ISA, ISPE) and Life Science Regulatory Compliance
- Cross-domain and cross-industry experience
- Broad and deep product agnostic knowledge in area of expertise
- Public speaking and presentation skills
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Basic Life & Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident, Term Life, Whole Life Insurance
- Flu Shot Clinic & First Aid/AED/CPR Classes
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.