We are partnering with a material handling company in Atlanta, Ga who is looking for a Software Engineer to join there team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a full time salary and benefits.
- Develops services for warehouse and distribution center automation projects. Implements completed solutions on customer sites. Participates in R&D projects for new product development.
- Travel required, up to 50%.
- Writes technical documentation to support project activities. This includes functional specifications, interface specifications, and user documentation.
- Deals at a high level with project management from both the customer and company. Deals with customers at a technical and professional level. Must have solid communication skills for meetings in-person and on conference calls.
- Strong technical background. Experience in scripted languages is a plus. Strong SQL fundamentals preferred. Good troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Basic understanding of PLCs, photoeyes, barcode scanners, and other conveyor-related controls is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or higher
- ANSI C
- Scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl
- Required travel: up to 50%