Senior Buyer in Providence, RI
Our client is an award-winning product development firm who focuses on bringing medical devices from first concept to market launch. We are looking for a Senior Buyer who will be able to work with suppliers to provide the necessary materials in a timely and effective manner.
- Purchasing – Negotiate pricing, place orders, track orders, utilize purchasing system, etc.
- Identify both high volume and prototype suppliers for machining, plastic injection molding and electronics
- Control of purchasing documentation to ensure compliance with Food and Drug Administration and ISO requirements
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and materials supporting production schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field with experience purchasing is preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience coordinating quoting, procurement, and identification of qualified OEM factories and suppliers
- Experience working in a regulated industry is required, with medical devices preferred
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 or another business operations/purchasing system is a plus
- Experience with documentation, knowledge of international procurement & shipping, and knowledge of import regulations and procedures is all a plus