Sr Electrical Designer
Sr Electrical Designer
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a leader in the electrical and technology markets by securing a Sr Electrical Designer to join their team. This position is located out of Minneapolis, MN.
This position is primarily responsible for providing commercial electrical design and planning services from project inception through completion and job turn over. Working directly with Preconstruction, Estimating, Project Management, field staff and owners representatives to produce full electrical construction and record drawing documentation on a vast array of unique projects. Also this position will include managing, training, and monitoring the work progress and quality of design staff assigned to the project.
- Direct and supervise activities of each design team member to achieve performance for quantity and quality of work.
- Plan all projects to optimize efficiency of labor, material, supplies, equipment and software.
- Facilitate pre-fab planning strategies on specified projects.
- Facilitate Design Start-up meeting with Project Manager to define scope, assign tasks, responsibilities, and schedule project planning process.
- Establish Design budgets for a variety of projects.
- Track project hours on all Design projects to ensure time spent is aligned with budget established.
- Identify events and potential changes that could affect project's schedule, budget, or quality and communicate these to Project Manager.
- Provide modeling of electrical systems on specified projects.
- Coordinate 2D and 3D drafting tasks utilizing company standard software.
- Follow all guidelines, policies, and procedures established by the Company.
- Participate in electrical construction related training – minimum of 16 hours per year.
- Mentor other team members on all facets of electrical planning process.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working as a Designer or equivalent.
- Understanding Electrical BIM process experience.
- Experienced and proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Visio and Navisworks software.
- Proficient and current on the National Electric Code and Life Safety Codes.
- Proficient with power, lighting, and systems design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Office products such as Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in using Bluebeam and Adobe PDF tools.
- Proficiency in reading Construction Drawings.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Successful candidate will possess:
- Computer skills in the use of AutoCAD, SketchUp , Revit, Navisworks, AGI, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and apply the National Electrical Code.
- Show good judgment in reporting problems and creativity in solving problems.
- Ability to work as a team with a positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.