Sr Engineer (Glass)
Sr Engineer (Glass)
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer-Glass, to join our client in Charlton, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer provides technical engineering support and leadership, within the engineering team and to the product lines manufacturing operation to ensure well designed and profitable parts are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields, quality and delivery, applying sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods.
- Provide Operations Engineering Support for the Product Lines:
- Develop, improve, and implement robust production/processing methods and business processes that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives
- Apply proven statistical methods to data analysis and experimental design
- Support the development of innovative processes and technologies, including new product introduction (low volume), and product/process transfer to high volume production lines
- Determine and define manufacturing processes for custom parts
- Troubleshoot and resolve short and long-term manufacturing problems that impede quality or cost effectiveness
- Manage projects, including generation of proposals, planning and execution of projects, and submittal of project reports
- Manage capital projects and provide technical support for the specification, design, purchase, installation, and commissioning of new equipment, and tooling
- Evaluate, implement, document, program and support automated inspection systems and equipment
- Work with Quality Assurance to establish and review Quality Specifications (mechanical & optical), including drawing and tolerances
- Communicate with and understand customer needs and specifications, as well as Incom capabilities
- Design, build and implement fixtures to support manufacturing processes and equipment
- Ensure all process documentation is in place including: routers, work instructions, process/equipment checklists, troubleshooting guides, and preventive maintenance requirements
- Participate in the resolution of customer problems and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or other related engineering field required. Masters Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of hands-on, practical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Glass/Ceramic machining background Required
- Experience in equipment automation/programming a plus
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A Lean/Six Sigma background is preferred.