Sr. Electrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer in the Atlanta area.
- Design and implement new or upgraded electrical/controls hardware and software systems for high-speed packaging machinery. Debug and trouble shoot systems as needed.
- Create drawings, schematics, bills of materials and other documentation to fully define the products and/or projects as assigned.
- Work directly with other Engineers during the development of component parts to achieve the highest quality vs. cost ratios
- Perform and/or direct in-house testing as necessary to ensure products will satisfy all applicable functional and regulatory requirements.
- Improve quality/reliability/manufacturability of current products as directed. Always striving for continuous (ongoing) product/process improvement.
- Evaluate field returns and propose product improvements as appropriate.
- Develop and implement cost reduction ideas through redesign or changes in specifications.
- Identify, research, and evaluate new technology
- Ensure that the electrical aspects of the machinery are in compliance with the requirements of the European Community (CE), National Electric Code, Canadian Standards Association Codes, and Underwriters Laboratory.
- Assist and train Service Engineers to impart and use technical problem solving methodologies.
- Provide occasional phone and on-site technical support.
- Travel to sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) or more years work experience in the design of high-speed automated machinery controls.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- A proven history of successful system design including electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, component sizing and selection, etc.
- Experience selecting, configuring, programming, and maintaining PLCs and computer control systems.
- Specific experience configuring and programming Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC platforms in machinery control applications.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley Logix control systems for motion including analog and SERCOS servo control.
- Experience designing HMI’s using Rockwell FactoryTalk View.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards and testing requirements, specifically European Community (CE), National Electric Code (NFPA 70 and NFPA 79), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
- Prior experience selecting control system components and sizing servo drive/motor systems.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Electrical in design and documentation of electrical controls systems.