Sr. Electrical Engineer
The DAVIS Companies is excited to be working with an innovative company who building lightweight and autonomy platforms to efficiently move people and good and is looking to add a Sr. Electrical Engineer to their dynamic and growing team.
This is a very unique role for a talented and experienced engineer to join a high-growth, early stage startup shaping the future of urban transportation. You?ll work on multiple projects and be integral in our future product road map. You must be very forward thinking and have strong technical experience in robotics, power electronics and systems integration.
- You will be responsible for the electrical system architecture and design of our robotics and mobility platforms. This includes:
- Developing power management systems, including: conceptual architecture, electrical schematics, capture circuit design, and PCB layout, and testing.
- Planning, executing, and documenting tests to verify and validate performance, expose issues, identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- You will work with an experienced electrical/software engineer that has already created the initial functionality of a prototype; you are expected to mature the ideas into robust designs
- You will interface with the other team functions to ensure all requirements are met and potential problems are identified early and mitigated promptly.
- You will interface with our clients engineering, design, manufacturing, and service teams in Italy to take advantage of their 130-year history of expertise with 2, 3 and 4-wheel vehicles
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- PCB layout and design
- Electrical architecture and wiring schematics
- Power and data management
- Ability to integrate multiple systems across a platform
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in the automotive, automation, drone and/or robotics sectors
- Hands-on skills required to build, integrate, test and troubleshoot hardware
- Advanced experience with electrical layout software such as KiCAD, EAGLE or Altium
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, a team player, and exceptional time and people management skills
- Strong work ethic and enjoyment of exploring new and uncommon ideas in pursuit of the best solution to a challenge