Sr. PM Systems
Sr. PM Systems:
A Day in the Life:
As a Project Manager, you will be a key member of the team. Project Management team working to commercialize a Surgical Robotics Platform. The Project Manager will work closely with program management, subsystem technical leads, and other engineers to manage and coordinate engineering activities. This role is specifically focused on project management activities for our Systems Engineering team, which is responsible for:
- Overall System Architecture & Design
- User Experience & Industrial Design, including GUI
- Requirements Strategy & Trace Matrices
- Risk Management strategy
- Coordination across subsystems (power budgeting, etc.)
This person will ensure that his/her engineering teams:
- Are efficient, effective and well-coordinated.
- Have clear priorities and goals.
- Develop and tracks to schedules.
- Deliver quality designs according to process.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating a cross-functional team during the development of an electromechanical system that includes software components:
- Coordinate, develop, and track schedules, plans, tasks, and priorities.
- Coordinate User Validation studies and follow all government regulations during interactions with Healthcare Providers (HCPs).
- Establish strong relationships with engineering team members and be able to estimate, plan, and execute System Architecture tasks.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk points. Make tradeoffs between time, schedule, and cost; while meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and track dashboard metrics that can be used to report status to leadership, as well as drive team behavior & accountability.
- Schedule project meetings, document meeting minutes and key decisions, and track action items
- Support engineering teams to follow effective process. Promote communication between multiple platform teams and disciplines.
- With technical leads, develop and manage R&D process and tools for specific subsystems. Assist with design, selection and implementation of tools and processes.
- Track the financials of the project. Generate forecasts, manage accruals, and track actuals against the forecast
- Develop a broad understanding of the Surgical Robotics and Instrumentation Businesses, products, and clinical applications and leverage the knowledge of others
- Ability to coordinate, track, proof and finalize project documents as needed with limited supervision
- Coach and influence project teams to achieve maximum performance and efficiency in the project.
Must have: Minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience, or advanced degree and 2 years of experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with highly regulated and/or safety-critical systems is required (medical device experience strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of Systems engineering management, both tools and process (User needs, customer and system requirements, system architecture, product and project risk management, integration testing, verification, traceability, configuration management, etc.)
- Solid understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, requirements documentation, rigorous verification, DFMEA, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft suite of tools (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to influence all customers (both internal and external) on issues that impact the business and its technical service and product strategies
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience managing projects in the medical device industry
- Ideation, development, and release of large electro-mechanical capital products.
- Demonstrated experience in accomplishing objectives. Able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with 21CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485